Sign in to follow this  
JaceDeckard

Takeoff thrust limit

How do I takeoff without the aircraft limiting the thrust? I want to be able to takeoff and climb with 100% thrust.  The FMC always derates the thrust.  How can I override?

Sign your posts with your real name, as per the forum rules

What do you see at the top of the upper engine display above the N1? If it says TO, and not TO-1, TO-2 or D-TO+##, then you are getting full thrust, the N1 is not a direct measure of thrust, rather it is the fan speed, so for example depending on conditions, it may say 98% but you are still getting the full 115,000lbs of thrust from each engine.

It's not a derated takeoff.  It's TO.  But for example my thrust was limited to 97.9 N1 for my last flight.. Sometimes it's a little less and sometimes it's a little more.  I can't get the full 102 on N1 or whatever the figure is.  I want to get them in the redzone. However they're always limited below the yellow line on the N1 gauge.  How do I override?

Jace Deckard

The full thrust is limited by outside air temperature - that's why you're seeing different figures each time. :-)

As usual it is all in the documentation. EEC Alternate mode.

Thrust protection is not provided in the alternate mode and maximum rated thrust is reached at a thrust lever position less than full-forward. As a result, thrust overboost can occur at full forward thrust lever position. The EICAS causion message ENG LIMIT PROT (L, R) is displayed if the thrust lever position commands an N1 greater than the maximum rated thrust (maximum N1). N1 and N2 red line protection is still available in the alternate control mode.

Rob Prest