Sign in to follow this  
Guest pwal

FS 9 fails to start after initial splash screen display.

Gentlemen / Ladies,After intial display of splash screen at startup, there is no loading of FS 9, instead the splash screen disappears without any error messages.Any ideas what is defective?Thanking you,Best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Delete or backup your FS9 config file and see if it loads then. FS2004 will make a new default one for u. FS9 config file can usually be found here:C:Documents and SettingsDenis Michael BrownApplication DataMicrosoftFS9

Hello Bursco, Thanks for your response, but, rebuilding FS 9.cfg file does not seems to fix this defect.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest pwal

i had the same problem on initial installation, i believe microsoft actually posted the reason. i will repeat my memory of the solution:fs expects a folder to be located in the "my documents" folder called "flight simulator files". i had either renamed my documents to something else, or the drive wasn't C:. I think simply creating the two folders in the appropriate location will solve the problem- there doesnt actually need to be anything in them(i think). i think fs just uses it when it loads to put the default flight on the screen. you may want to search this forum for old posts, or check the microsoft forum to verify that i've not forgotton something.its a really dumb problem, i know.

Hello Pwal, Thank for your response, while your response seems informative and it may have fixed defects related to those specifics, however, I found the fix for my premature shut down of the flightsim by accident,belive it or not,without searching and tracing into any technicalties, I unistalled the ActiveSky 2004 weather generating program from my system, and viola, the flightsim is up and running as better as it was developed by microsoft.The question this time remains however, will the Flightsim be up and running again if I reinstall Active Sky 2004 to my system?.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Hello Pwal, You are welcome, lucky me, reinstalling Active Sky 2004 back again does not seems to duplicate the startup problems, guess what?, everything is now operating normally as was designed and developed.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest j-mo

... splash screen, then FS loads, but to a totally black screen. It's not a CTD, but a completely black screen. Task manager reports FS9 "not responding." Some times I have 100% CPU usage, sometimes not. I'm not using Active Sky.This began for no reason that I can discern.I've deleted my cfg file. I've defragged my HD. I'm contemplating reinstalling FS9.Ideas, anyone?

Guest pwal

dont reinstall - its way too much trouble,although i cant say for sure what the problem is, there are a number of fixes microsoft has posted. also- usually if there is a problem, if you recreate the same conditions, the problem will reoccur. hang on startup is a common one, and can be caused by a minor issue, like my earlier post about the my documents folder. it can also be caused by conflict with another piece of software, etc.. there are a lot of good posts on these topics here and at microsoft. many people, including me obviously, have spent more time than one would wish. good luck