Sign in to follow this  
ugomasu

LINDA e FSUIPC

Hello,

I would like to know if installing the module LINDA for pmdg777, the configuration of FSUIPC is modified.I did.'t want to lose my fsuipc config for pmdg777.

Best regards

Ugo

Hi Ugo!

I am fairly confident that installing LINDA makes no changes to your FSUIPC4.ini file. The installation process is simply a matter of unzipping the distribution into the <fsx directory>\Modules folder (which is where the ini file is, but that's only in order to create subfolders below it (linda and linda-cfg)). OK, some aircraft modules may subsequently create a .MCRO file in \Modules too (indeed, you will find that the one for the 777 creates a PMDG777.MCRO file in the Modules directory for the CDU access functions) but nothing in the LINDA install process touches the ini file.

Having said that, perhaps I should add for the sake of completeness — there is just one occasion that I know about when a change might be made. When you first set LINDA up for the VRinsight Combo (if you have one), the process offers to add the two-line [VRInsight] entry for you if it is not already present — but you'd presumably want it to do that anyway, rather than having to edit the file yourself. (See pp 16 - 17 of the Beginner's Guide for more information). Nothing else in the ini file is touched.

But if you are concerned about this, why not simply make a backup copy of your FSUIPC4.ini file before installing LINDA? That way, you can always copy it back if you feel the need; and you can simply compare it (or check the original file's timestamp before and after) to be sure that nothing has changed.   B)

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hello Ugo,

Brian is right (of course), but you do nothing have to fear.

If you do not trust us, simply backup the FSUIPC4.ini ;)

But I could assure you, nothing bad will happen ;)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guenseli

many thanks for the advice that I have followed.

Now I have a problem and I need help.

I installed the pmdg_777_v0_5 in the modules directory..

Linda recognizes the PMDG777, on mcp Combo  VRI,

but the commands sent from the MCP are not taken from the plane.

What should I do?

Best regards

Ugo

You have a Combo 1?

Have you assigned your functions also?

By default, there are no assignments. You have to do that

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester