Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Copy keyboard and other assignments to new install

Is there a file to copy fs keyboard and button assignments to new install?I tried FSX\controls\standard.xml and did not seem to work.I also have FSUIPC and copied ini file and that did not work.However,I did neglected to delete assignments in FS that may be duplicated in FSUIPC.Thanks for any help.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

This can be a pain.

The computer name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls/standard.xml is the correct file but I've never been able to just copy that file from one system to another.

I think it is due to the joystick assignments within the standard.xml. ie these lines:

<Name>Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals{016BA200-07F1-11E2-8002-444553540000}</Name>

The numbers and letters are a GUID and I think FSX assigns a new GUID with a new install and if they are not matching then you can get all sorts of problems.

The best I've been able to do is to take the new standard.xml from FSX and then manually copy and paste the key commands from the old to the new without touching the joystick specific commands. Then all I have to do is assign those joystick controls in FSX.

www.antsairplanes.com