Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Problem with Unlimited FPS

Hi everyone,

so before I start, I would just like everybody to know that I have read the many topics on how most think setting fps to a locked setting like 30 is best, but for me, unlimited has always been best, and in areas of high fps like 100+, I always lock them at 30. 

Anyway, to my question. Recently I have been having an issue with unlimited frames in my fsx. Normally somewhere like FlyTampa TNCM I will use unlimited and get probably 40+ in the cockpit of the NGX, now though I can barely manage to stay above 30 in a default aircraft in unlimited mode. Its like one day I went onto FSX and all of a sudden I don't get the high frame rates I once used to with unlimited. I feel like somewhere in my fsx there is something holding it back but I don't know where. I run at 4.4 Ghz i7 2600k.

It is frustrating because even when I try and lock frames at 30, my fps will just start jumping erratically from the mid 15s to 30s and I have never had an issue with unlimited fps, most default airports Id be on the ground in the NGX getting 50+ (now around mid 20s) so something somewhere is holding my FSX back and I would love some help if anybody could.

Many thanks,

Harry. 

It is frustrating because even when I try and lock frames at 30, my fps will just start jumping erratically from the mid 15s to 30s and I have never had an issue with unlimited fps, most default airports Id be on the ground in the NGX getting 50+ (now around mid 20s) so something somewhere is holding my FSX back and I would love some help if anybody could.

Quite clearly something big has happened--to your OS, your hardware, or FSX.  The possibilities are significant and I think what I would ask you to verify is how do other games run on your PC for starters.  Is it just FSX that is now clearly vastly different than your prior experience, or do other games/apps run noticeably slower?  If it's just FSX then try saving your current fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.bak, then running  FSX so that a new fsx.cfg is initialized by FSX.  If things are still amiss I might look at video card drivers and make sure you have the current WHQL driver.  Next, might be is your CPU/GPU running ultra hot per chance?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X