Sign in to follow this  
FSX-Fan2013

A few problems with Desk Pilot

Hello,

today i downloaded the actual version 1.4.2 of DP. It took a long time to get it working, but it's working - more or less. I know, it's a lot of work program such a tool and it's great to get it for free and I also like the idea (I waited a long time for this, because I do tutorials and videos together with a friend and this is very useful), but i don't like a few things.

Many buttons and switches doesn't work at the moment. I know, you said you want to add many switches, but is ist possible (also because of the NGX SDK), that ALL buttons and switches will work? It would be also nice, if the Captain could also use the buttons of the F/O if that's necessary.

But there are also some things, which (I think) are not normal. If I want to increase the speed, it always goes back to 100 knots after about 3 seconds. And I also have always this red lines from the TCAS on my PFD, which normally come only in a conflict with other traffic.

Although, it's not so good right now, I like the idea and for a Beta version it's quite good. I will keep an eye on your tool and hope you can solve this problems.

Many buttons and switches doesn't work at the moment. I know, you said you want to add many switches, but is ist possible (also because of the NGX SDK), that ALL buttons and switches will work?

I'm taking notes on what is not included in the current SDK and what cannot be synced. I will add that list here as i go through it.

It would be also nice, if the Captain could also use the buttons of the F/O if that's necessary

I will try to add that functionality, i can't promise it though. Some code might need to be re written to support it.

But there are also some things, which (I think) are not normal. If I want to increase the speed, it always goes back to 100 knots after about 3 seconds.

Are you the captain while attempting to modify the MCP-IAS? If not you will have to override that control via the DP addon menu.

If you don't relieve control from the other user you won't be able to change it, same apply's for the first officers MCP-Altitude and MCP-Heading.

Maybe your first officer was playing games and taking control of the speed.  :lol:  B)

And I also have always this red lines from the TCAS on my PFD, which normally come only in a conflict with other traffic.

This issue exists in all shared cockpit aircraft online. for example: Mad dog MD-80 http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6672

You can fix it by hiding one of the two aircraft's and setting the first officer to observer in the FSINN options(If your using FSINN).

Michael Harders

Thanks for your replay.

I never connected to VATSIM, I just tried it with my friend via multiplayer. Now I wanted to fly on VATSIM alone and I still got the problem with the TCAS. I've got this problem since starting DP yesterday.

Does this happen when DP is started? It never happened until you installed Desk Pilot? Does it continue doing it after you close/exit DP?

I find that very odd.. Because Desk Pilot does not modify any files at all. The only files it ever touches are the log.txt and version.txt in the log folder.

Can you provide a screen shot of the PFD?

Michael Harders

Because the PDF Problem,, i know, some liverys are bad and have this failers (think wrong aircraft.cfg entries), check other PMDG Livery with DP.

You've confused me a little here..

Step one in the Desk Pilot Readme.pdf mentions that both pilots/users must have the same airac,scenery,livery and panel states.

I will gladly test some other livery's. I don't see how a different livery would cause a tcas issue though, but i will test.

Does this happen straight away? or is there something i must do to cause it?

Michael Harders

Shane and i are unable to replicate this issue. Can you provide some screen shots and some information on how to make it happen?

Can you also try the following:

1: Host a multiplayer session. by yourself with no other users. do not run Desk Pilot,

2: Power up the aircraft and do what ever you did..

Does it still happen? If so try the steps below:

1: Restart FSX

2: Start a single player, free flight session. do not run Desk Pilot.

3: Power up the aircraft and do what ever you did..

Can you also confirm that this happens without running Desk Pilot?

Michael Harders

Hello!

Thank you for this wonderful program.

I with my friend tried the flight crew. 

Almost all good, but we have a problem. All what i do (i'm a captain) he does not see (he is a FO).

For example, i turn on battery on overhead, but on FO overhead battery is off. He doesn't see all my changes, like a overhead pumps, yaw damper, APU, lights, MCP VNAV, speed etc.

We connected via Hamachi. And all the conditions are met.

Can you help us?

Hi,

Have you added the following to your 737NGX_Options.ini ?

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

and have you pressed the 'Enable Shared Cockpit' button on the server?

Michael Harders

Yes, of course, we did everything as described in

the instructions. We have a stable internet

connection and ping. All programs run as administrator.

But the co-pilot does not see changes that I do in the

cockpit, although the aircraft flies regularly and stable.

And once more. When FO connect via desk pilot, he and I see the inscription about connection in FS. Then I press shared cocpit. But if I press ping in DP I see ping -1. What does it mean?

And once more. When FO connect via desk pilot, he and I see the inscription about connection in FS. Then I press shared cocpit. But if I press ping in DP I see ping -1. What does it mean?

Ok, so the DP Server and Client connects successfully?

Does your first officer receive a green in game message saying "DP Connected!" after you press the enable shared cockpit button on the server?

If the FO does receive that message, can you confirm that you have not modified the ServerSettings.ini and ClientSettings.ini?

Here's the default working config for 1.4.2:

Server

[sharedCockpit]
CaptainControlAltitude = false
CaptainControlAutoThrottle = true
CaptainControlAutoPilot = false
CaptainControlLeftFD = true
CaptainControlRightFD = false
CaptainControlHeading = false
CaptainControlIAS = true
CaptainControlLeftCourse = true
CaptainControlOverheadLeftHalf = true

CaptainControlOverheadRightHalf = false

Client

FirstOfficerControlAltitude = true

FirstOfficerControlAutoThrottle = false
FirstOfficerControlAutoPilot = true
FirstOfficerControlLeftFD = false
FirstOfficerControlRightFD = true
FirstOfficerControlHeading = true
FirstOfficerControlIAS = false
FirstOfficerControlLeftCourse = false
FirstOfficerControlRightCourse = true
FirstOfficerControlOverheadLeftHalf = false
FirstOfficerControlOverheadRightHalf = true

Michael Harders

It means the ping function is not complete.. Now have you or your first officer modified the [sharedCockpit] section within the ServerSettings.ini/ClientSettings.ini files? and does your first officer receive the green in game message.. 

Michael Harders

No, we did not change anything. Software

downloaded from your site. Both installed to program

files. OK, I'll check the green

messages in FSX in the evening and let you know. Thank you.

Hi guys is this software being constantly updated at all? Good job by the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART