Sign in to follow this  
rickjs

Multiple stops and the FMC

My question is for all out there that do multiple stops, For example, I take off from BaltimoreWashington international and want to fly into Miami with a stop in Charlotte. Do you program the FMC for just Charlott first and whe you land and at the gates go ahead and program for Miami? Or do you just put the whole flight in with Charlotte as a "To" in the route page? Just wondering what everybody does and if they know how real world pilots handle this.

Each leg is separate.

The FMC is basically restarted for each leg, so you reprogram it for each leg. My company does a lot of the work for me through ACARS, but it is a lot easier RW punching in the data. The only shortcut is maybe doing a quick-align on the IRS. Some companies do this, some don't.

Matt Cee