Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sanh

Virtual full screen means flight planners are better?

I think most of us fly in full screen mode and this has meant we had to give up the old fs navigator style flight planner where you could hit f9 and the map would show with fs itself. This was because from fsx onwards it was only possible in window mode.

My understanding is that prepared v2 works in a hybrid mode and so this should not be an issue anymore? For example, to display the ezdok config screen I would need to switch to windows mode in fsx. In p3d it's showing in full screen too. So I am wondering if any of those flight planners built into fs as a module would now work like fs navigator did. Fs tramp springs to mind.

Anyone know or tried?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Seeing as no one tried or responded - I did. Installed FS Tramp and it works fine in Full Screen mode. Superb, all those in-apps I avoided because they run in windowed mode only are now back in!

Virtual or Pseudo full screen has been available for FSX since at least April 2011.

There isn't much new in this world.

Regards,

Nick

I love the 'new' fullscreen mode! It didn't work well for me in FS: no vsync, but I found out last week that probably was due to Aero being off, but also performance suffered too much, Now performance also suffers with P3D but since P3D performs better overall and since we have no other options, I have to say I love this mode. It's so extremely easy to switch to another program and you can still keep on flying (including sound, which I also didn't discover until now: seems you could also keep sound in FSX when you switched to another program). It's really great: switching from fullscreen mode in FSX to something else always was a bit tricky.