Sign in to follow this  
Fabs

Unable to Connect via Internet

Hi,

Firstly, a really big thank you for creating this great NGX multiplayer utility, as many NGX pilots have been waiting for this functionality, plus it has such enormous potential.

However, I'm stuck at the first hurdle - internet connectivity!

I am trying to connect to a friend's NGX over the internet, and we think we have followed the instructions closely. Our ports are open (we are familiar with this routine as we regularly use FS Host Client for FSX multiplayer sessions; UDP & TCP 23456, 6073, 60000).

I then run the Captain's routine using the online guide, and that is seemingly all fine, and then I wait for the other player to connect, but when they press connect to <My IP Address>, nothing happens.

Our network/internet/IP knowledge is not great, and so we cannot understand how the session name that I have created can appear on his screen across the country simply by the other player typing in my IP address (that we get from ipconfig). Probably there's one step we have missed out, or perhaps a bit of elementary networking knowledge that we're missing.

Could you please help us with our internet connectivity issue?

With thanks,

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Hello,

Is the ip address that ipconfig gives you the same as the ip address this website gives you? http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If the ipconfig address is different that means you have a router, that is your local ip address and not your global one. Enter the address from that web site into the dp client and fsx.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.  B)

Michael Harders