Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timmonst

My Hardware Set-Up - VISIO

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice setup and nice diagram.

Future plans?

Pierre

Thanks Pierre,

I'm really happy with where I am at right now, the diagram reflects several changes made in recent months, most notably switching to Win-7 and an i7 processor.  My rig has been evolving for over six years now so maintenance of the existing hardware has begun to play a larger role in consuming time and resources (for example my Desktop Aviator TPM had to be scrapped and the GoFlight MCP-Pro shipped back to the company for a firmware upgrade due to the Win7 upgrade).  My wishlist would probably include a real FMS and a Boeing overhead panel.

-TimIMG_6670.JPG

Pictures a little dated.

Once again, an impressive setup Tim. Your diagram implied it, but the picture tells a lot.

I will study it carefully, I might learn something and it will certainly give me ideas...

Tell me: what is the small screen just below the rightmost LCD? Its purpose?

Tks

Pierre

The small LCD is a first generation tablet manufactured by motion computing.  I run VAS FMC 2.1 on the tablet usually displaying the upper ECAM for multi engine aircraft.  The fighter stick/throttle in the picture may be a bit confusing for some.  Those controls are mounted using PVC pipe and can be installed or removed in a few minutes based on the aircraft I am flying.