Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Cannot save flight - CTD

Cannot save flight - CTD

If you try and save a flight or, If you select the default flight, or any flight and click OK. After the flight loads if you try and save it, the screen goes black and you get a crash. See error report.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Prepar3D.exe

Application Version: 2.0.9448.0

Application Timestamp: 528edbf4

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229

Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1116

Exception Code: e0434352

Exception Offset: 0000c41f

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 2057

I deleted my config file and let P3D build a new one; It will then allow you to save the flight OK. Everything was working fine up to today. So began the fault finding...

...To cut a long story short, If you have WOAI installed and have an entry in your config like: SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI then this is the culprit. Simply remove it or better still comment it out with '//'

You will now be able to save a flight.

Everything was working fine up to today, so there must be a corrupt file that is being called by the WOAI schedule.

Just goes to prove, don't blame the programme it's probably something you did. Or I did in this case :)