Sign in to follow this  
skipph

Track IR Dropping Out

Hi Opus, I have looked through the forums here and on F1 and did not see this issue raised although I may have overlooked it. My problem occurs in FSX as well as PVD V2 and even 1.4. I start the sim and then Track IR 5 then I start Opus weather. Everything loads and when I start to use TrackIr, usually when I start the taxi, I center TrackIR and then usually a short while later I will lose TrackIR as I notice one of TrackIR 's leds goes dark. I try restarting Track IR to no avail. I have reinstalled TrackIR to no avail. The only way I can keep TrackIR running with the sim is to not start Opus. This is done with reconfiguring the manifests of course. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Skip Ciman

Don't think this has anything to do with Opus or the FSXTRACKIR interface which simply uses the NO SDK to receive the TIR raw data and forward it onto the sim.

Have you tried changing or upgrading the TrackIR drivers, just seems like its prone to dropping the link. I take it you have followed all the instructions which came from NP. Such as ensuring OpusFSX is in the TIR list.

You can open the FSXTRACKIR program and that should display any relevant messages.

Ah, just thought, you could try setting the TrackIR High Priority option in the Opus FSXSERVER Configure dialog. On some system TrackIR needs high priority to operate smoothly but in this case it might be having problems.

Try the High Priority option and see if that stabilises TrackIR.

The only other thing I can suggest is to check the SimForums TrackIR topic and see if anything helps there.

Stephen