Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

Problem with night fog and can't figure it out

Hi guys, 

When flying into IMC conditions at night, it looks as if I were flying through the clouds/fog during day lighting. This happens whether it's rain, fog, snow. I attatched a screenshot below to show what I'm talking about. This was taken with the sim set at 11PM. I am using ASN (did this with ASE too) and REX for textures. Over on the REX support forum, they concluded it's not REX causing the issue. I have no idea where to go from here since I haven't changed anything (that I know of) with FSX. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

11302835794_b06dde4138_o.jpg

Thanks,

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Could be a side effect if your using the Shade addon. Many similar topics on the subject and Shade is usually the reason for this.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That may actually be it! I never found any topics specific to Shade when searching for FSX white fog at night. Once I added the word shade, I found all sorts of topics with my same problem. The only thing I haven't found is a solid answer. Some state that they simply change the color of fog to black, but wouldn't that affect day fog? I'll have to test things out tomorrow but thanks for the help! It saved me probably a good several hours of messing things up to find it.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I also had this issue after using Shade. The problem was had I used the option "Set and forget" without making sure the color palettes I was setting were 100% ok. So those palettes were permanently installed into FSX and uninstalling Shade didn't help.

Fortunately the author of Shade (mogwaisoft) includes a file with the original FSX (and FS9) palette presets so you can revert to the original state if you mess things up.

So I just reinstalled Shade again (because I had uninstalled it), installed each of the 10 FSX palette presets (FSX has 10 different day colors for each day) using the Shade_GUI - see the manual for this, then chose "Set and Forget". There, FSX fog at night was back to being dark.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal