Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Turbulence and EZCA

i just wanted to know (sorry if someone already asked it...), is there any way as an ezdok user to get turbulence effect in clouds without using the opus cameras ? ive already tried the opus cameras and i decided to stay with ezdok. thank you !

Roi Ben

It depends on EZCA, all the limited turbulence data is injected with the weather. I suspect the simple answer is NO.

Stephen

Opus DOES inject turbulence data wherever possible when it injects the weather. Everywhere !

But the amount of turbulence data available in FSX is VERY LIMITED !

Hence, its up to EZCA to interpret this data, as it is to detect when the aircraft is in a cloud, I do not really care how EZCA does this, all the data is there just as it is in ANY other weather engine.

Opus injects this information but does NOT use it itself. Its far too simplistic for our purposes and the Opus LWE controls its turbulence data in REAL TIME by examining the nearly one million meteorological parameters and ALL meteorological conditions surrounding the aircraft at the time, including all wind and temperature gradients. That way the Opus LWE is able to supervise and control the RW turbulence provided in the Opus DHM and Bump Aircraft turbulence. Certain turbulence data will require the FSX turbulence and thermal effects to be enabled, but the vast majority of Opus turbulence effects are controlled and supervised by the Opus LWE and actioned by the DHM and Bump Aircraft software using the RW captured 3D accelerometer data.

So, in summary, ALL the turbulence data that can be injected with the weather is injected within the simulator. I care not if EZCA is capable of reading and interpreting it. All the possible data is injected and available. We do NOT inject weather using the flawed METAR injection, we use our pioneering Dynamic Weather Theme method.

Stephen

I can positively confirm that turbulence data is injected with every single cloud layer. It most likely has something to do with the Opus pioneered method of weather injection which EZCA may not be geared up for. But its an easy job to detect when in cloud, even detect the detailed cloud structure surrounding the aircraft.

Once again, this is not an Opus issue, all the turbulence data that is possible to inject in FSX is injected, including wind shear data, cloud icing data, etc.. Its all injected.

Why don't you ask EZCA, seems like its their problem not ours. The limited FSX turbulence data is far too basic for our use.

Stephen

ohh and one more question Stephen. do you have a plan to make in opus cameras, some mouse button click that will let you pan around the camera freely in the vc like ezdok ? thanks !

Roi Ben

No, you have the standard mouse look function for that and our excellent LCC with the option of using a six axes GamePad controller.

OpusFSX is a non-invasive program that interfaces externally using SimConnect and does not interfere with the standard FSX or P3D operation or control settings. Through its design you can look forward to up to a 6 FPS performance boost over EZCA. Also in our opinion our LCC with 6-axes GamePad Controller interface is all you need, especially when coupled with the standard FSX mouse look and hat switch panning.

Stephen