Sign in to follow this  
geolog

Quiet and Graceful MSFS Build 2013Q4

A 64gb SSD is also far too small, even for just the OS. I'd also go with a 4gb GTX 770. I have a 2GB 770 and in P3D v2 that 2gb of VRAM is gone almost instantly..

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave_YVR, Great point on p3d v2, upgrading spec to: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card GV-N770OC-4GD

The SSD is tough, pressing on the budget, but may be able to stretch. How big would it have to be to make most difference, would 128 be a good start or 500 and nothing less?

i see your point on i7 vs i5, but looked at these test results (http://jetlinesystems.com/performance.php, the CPU section) and see only small difference in MSFS performance. I see larger difference stemming from an SSD drive, so maybe that could be money better spent.

martin-w started a related topic on 4670k vs 4770k too (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430539-4770k-or-4670k/).

wil likely roll w/ 4670k, unless many would advise otherwise.

Yes, this is something I'm still in a dilemma about. I know Nick Needham advocates the extra cache for FSX, claiming it's beneficial, but then I don't always agree with all of his ideas.

So still not sure if the extra cache of the 4770K is worth the extra 70 quid or not, or if I'll regret not getting the i7.

I'm going to have a look at your link now, but I've seen the same, that generally there isn't much difference between i7 and i5.

There is speed binning I suppose, whether the i7's overclock better than the i5's, or the opposite.