Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

FSX.cfg issue

What might cause the FSX.cfg file to be automatically changed each time FSX is launched? I've encountered this bizarre problem for the first time beginning yesterday, when the only change I made to my installation was an update of FSUIPC.

Now, each time I run FSX, I have to re-register dlls, reset key display settings, etc. Needless to say, this state of affairs is unacceptable. But I am at a loss as to the reason for this.

I've tried reverting to an earlier version of FSUIPC that had worked without issue, but the issue remains, and I'm not even sure the module is responsible. Has anyone experienced this before and, if so, how can it be rectified?

Thanks in advance for leading this clueless victim out of the wilderness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Does your FSX shut down normally, or does it come up with an error message when you try to close it? (IIRC, settings aren't saved when leaving the options screen, but only when FSX is terminating.)

Have you tried adjusting your settings, shutting down FSX immediately after that, and checking whether it saves your settings that way?

Do you start FSX 'as an administrator'?

Any firewall or UAC interfering with accessing the cfg?

Thanks, Oliver, for the response. FSX does shut down normally and I am running it as admin...always.

until yesterday I had no issues with FSX, which included networked applications such as ASN and VAFS running on another machine...UAC has always been off.

It's just so strange, and I'm bracing myself for a reinstall of FSX, if not Windows 7 itself. But I want to exhaust the other possibilities first, and I probably need to run a virus/malware scan to make sure that isn't an imp somewhere in the system.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi.....this is my first post here, so take anything I say with a grain of salt :crazy:

That said, please give this a read.....I had something similar happen to me in the distant past.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74745-fsx-automatically-mistrusts-modules-fsuipc-not-loaded-solution/

Hope this helps you, or at least starts you down the right path......