Sign in to follow this  
carm

777 cargo doors

I cannot get the cargo doors on my 777 pro to activate. I used the Shift+E+2, but no go, other doors are fine.

I cannot get the cargo doors on my 777 pro to activate. I used the Shift+E+2, but no go, other doors are fine.

Are you by any chance using a Posky merge?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Well Mike, you may have something there. While it is on a DVD from Just Flight, It's described as a PSS 777 in the A/C selection section of FS9.

Carm.

Well Mike, you may have something there. While it is on a DVD from Just Flight, It's described as a PSS 777 in the A/C selection section of FS9. Carm.

Hi, Carm,

The Just Flight 777s are the same as the PSS 777s.  I just loaded a 200LR and a freighter that I bought from Just Flight, and they both work with the Shift-E 2 combination.  I thought there was another command to open the doors but I can't seem to find it. 

At times I have had problems with Shift-E 2 not working on many aircraft -- something about the timing of the number command, but it did work on the 200LR & 200LRF just now.  Try typing the 2 faster or slower, or on the number pad instead of the numbers above the keyboard.   If you use FSUIPC you can probably assign a different key combination to each door.

If typing the "2" faster or slower etc. doesn't work, try checking in your aircraft.cfg file for the following entry.  They are the same in the 200LR and 200LRF:

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit_rate.0 = 0.4                               ;Percent per second

exit_rate.1 = 0.1                               ;Percent per second

Also, you might try making sure that Shift-E is assigned to opening/closing doors in FS9 controls settings, but I think if Shift-E 1 works, Shift-E 2 should work as well. 

Earlier I was thinking of merges of the PSS Panel with Opensky/Posky/SkySpirit aircraft.  For those, there is a separate popup panel you need to use to open the various doors and operate service vehicles.  But I don't think that is what you have.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.