Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larsumm

How much ram used

Hi all,

I am using Win 7 64 bit OS with 8 gig ram and a AMD 8 core cpu. Can someone tell me just how much ram and how many cores PerPar3d v2 is able to use, or just how will it be used. I have been told v2 is a 32 bit system, same as FSX. I was under the impression PrePar v2 was designed for a 64 bit system, which is recommeded.

Thanks,

Larry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi all,

I am using Win 7 64 bit OS with 8 gig ram and a AMD 8 core cpu. Can someone tell me just how much ram and how many cores PerPar3d v2 is able to use, or just how will it be used. I have been told v2 is a 32 bit system, same as FSX. I was under the impression PrePar v2 was designed for a 64 bit system, which is recommeded.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry. Prepar3D memory use wise is identical to FSX on the surface. LM said they worked on optimizing how the program uses memory but as far as the actual limitations go it is the same as FSX. It isn't designed for 64bit. They recommend it so it can use 4GB of VAS which can't be done on a 32Bit system. Core usage.. They said they worked on that too but for the most part it's similar.

Sent from my Nexus 10