Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Carenado and FS9 RXP Integration ?

Hi Folks,

Well - the recent sale tempted me enough to purchase the C208 and C337... It seems that while Carenado did provide the ability in the FSX models to hide the 3D panel knobs (there is even a video on YouTube showing the Caravan with a full suite of RXP gauges) it doesn't appear they included this feature in the recent FS9 models... I opened a ticket via the “support system” about 7 days ago asking about this - that hasn't been acknowledged...

So anyway – has anyone else been down this road ? Of course I wanted to swap out the Carenado GPS for the full blown RXP WAAS GPS... The knobs didn’t line up perfectly – but – it was passable… Unfortunately – it seems that the HSI is also a custom gauge looking for input from the custom GPS – as I can’t get the RXP GPS to drive the CDI… Now I’d love to blank the 3D knobs and I’d do the full blown RXP suite as well – but – I can’t live with all the misaligned knobs as it stands… I’m assuming I am going to have the exact same issues with the 337…

Any other suggestions on how to successfully accomplish a Reality XP integration in these FS9 planes ?

Do any of Carenado’s recent FS9 releases have the ability to blank the 3D knobs ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Well just an update for the record - Carenado responded to my query - while their FSX models support blanking knobs for Reality XP integration - their FS9 models do not... Honestly - on the scale of creating a plane - how hard could it really be to copy that feature over as well ??? Anyway - guess my recent purchases will be mothballed - as I can't go back to using a dumbed down GPS... The red headed step child syndrome of FS9 once again - there are too few of us left to really matter...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7