Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scotchegg

HD Mesh V2 strange spike

If you're around Andras, firstly Happy Xmas!

Flying East from Horsfeld Airport in Alaska I saw something which needs flattening if it's possible...

post-262770-0-01795100-1388032957.jpg

I can't flatten those (or at least its complicated) .... I can only try to contact the guy who I have the elevation data from ... and hopefully he will fix it one day (but won't happen in the near future I am afraid - nor would I consider an immediate re-creation of all the scenery in the near term) ...

Sorry for these (and sadly, there are more of this ... Southern Louisiana has quite a few of them).

Nevertheless, thanks for reporting!

Andras

-------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, exact coordinates would be very helpful (as always if someone reports some scenery issues) ... that way its much easier for me to find / reproduce!

OK, I have found the region - approximately - by googling your airport and the loading up the relevant raw elevation data ... well, that are is quite problematic, as it is along the seam (at least to my knowledge) of different data sources ... and making a smooth transition (especially as most - if not all - of this data is usually more or less automatically processed and not by hand!!!) in some of these places is very very complex ... so, I wouldn't hold my breath for this special one to get fixed anytime soon. Sorry.

(PS: Avsim puts different post in one  ... so I tried to divide my three post via some lines)

OK, thanks Andras, wasn't really expecting you to jump to the task of finding the area, fixing the problem, repackaging the scenery file and uploading it just for a single spike :P

Anyway, might be useful for future reference.

That whole area is a great advert for your mesh btw - great mix of undulating rivers, pools, lakes, and mountains. Love flying around it.