Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSXtremeVideos

Problems setting up TrackIR 5 with Trackclip pro

I'm having a problem setting up my TrackIR 5 with the Trackclip pro. 

The problem is mainly that when I rotate my head (yaw) and I'm rotating 90 degrees right or left, the roll movement is not detected. I tried rolling my head at 0 degrees, and it works just fine. As I remain with my head tilted to the right, I try yawing/ rotating my head to the right, and for some reason, the TrackIR software gradually straightens my head, as if my head is not rolled anymore (while it obviously still is). If I keep on yawing or rotating my head beyond 90 degrees left or right, the roll becomes reversed. With this I mean that if I roll my head to the right, it rolls to the left. 

I started to notice this problem in dogfights, when I tried to look behind me and roll my head, but the roll is reversed. How do I fix this problem? I cannot seem to find a fix for it. I tried pressing mirror or invert in the all of the 6dof's. None of them seem to fix the issue. I only noticed that inverting the roll will make it function correctly when I'm rotated BEYOND 90 degrees either left or right, but not when I'm looking straight forward. Then the problem is just reversed.

Could anyone please help! Thank you!

I have TRACKIR 5.2

Open the program, on the left side of the screen you will see "Basic Settings".  Make sure TrackClipPro is highlighted [it will be orange color].  I think the default is TrackClip.

If you want a couple of numbers my Motion Control is:
Speed 2.2
Smooth 50

There is also an Advanced below the Basic [settings].  Here is where I made a setting for FSX and saved it.

I will try to place a picture here, however, it has been so long since I was last here I am not sure this site accepts BB code.

TrackIR5AdvancedSettings.png

EDIT:

The picture was accepted, thankfully.

Just speculating but could you have a bad LED on the pro clip? Does the problem occur with the standard hat clip?