Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

VOXATC and AS Next runway assignment problem

Hello to all

I'b been doing some flight since I brought ASNext and I kept having these problem. I had it before ASNext and i'm having it now.

The thing is sometimes VOXATC assigns me that STAR for the wrong runway even if the AI is taking off and landing from the correct one.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. I've done a few flights since I ASNext, with some cross winds. He had blamed that: crosswinds, but the runway that gives me VoxATC is slightly tailwind.
With AS2012 had the same problem, solved it by disabling FSUIPC "Keep FS clock sync'd" in the "Miscellaneous" tab ... but ASNext, another thing that I have not yet discovered should occur.

If I find the solution I will publish it here.

Regards

If I find the solution I will publish it here.

Cool.

The thing is, I remember that AS2012 use the Global Weather approach, so in any given moment the weather in the whole world is the one that you are experiencing. So, keeping that in mind I understand that VoxATC may be assigning the runways incorrectly due to, "maybe", reading witch runway is in use before AS2012 change the weather on that airport.

But with ASNext, if I understand correctly, there is no more Global Weather.

Do you know if I'm assuming correctly?

I suspect that the issue comes from FSUIPC. I just checked that on arrival, VoxATC tells me calm wind when the aircraft indicates winds of 9 knots, coinciding with the METAR Airport.

I think I'm going to focus on setting FSUIPC. but it's just my intuition. When I sick of testing, I get mad, and I will use AS2012, that really worked me perfectly.

Regarding your question about the use of Global Weather from AS Next, could not clarify your doubts, since the time I have available is quite limited, and never had time to thoroughly study these issues.

I've found a solution, though not elegant, is to disable VoxATC about 40 miles before Top of Descend and then re-enable it. Do not forget to reset the transponder (to 3013). Thus winds reads well and gives you the right runway.

I've found a solution, though not elegant, is to disable VoxATC about 40 miles before Top of Descend and then re-enable it. Do not forget to reset the transponder (to 3013). Thus winds reads well and gives you the right runway.

Thanks for keep trying!.

I will give it a go.

I didn't knew about the transponder. Is this for somtething in particular

Please be sure to email info@voxatc.com ( Tegwyn West ) this information as I'm sure he would include a fix in the next release.

I didn't knew about the transponder. Is this for somtething in particular

masneoquil: If you fly IFR you should know what the squawk code. Check the help manual VoxATC or help manual pilot IFR

Please be sure to email info@voxatc.com

Tony P: Of course, I just give a Tegwin this topic.

Regards

If you fly IFR you should know what the squawk code. Check the help manual VoxATC or help manual pilot IFR

I know what a Transponder and Squawk code is for.

I was asking why that number in particular.

I was asking why that number in particular.

Ah! agree, sorry. The sqwawk "3013" is the first code that assigns VoxATC when enabled. If you disable and act immediately enable, sure assign "3013". It's the same when you start and you hear the ATIS, anytime VoxATC starts saying "information BRAVO"

By the way, Tegwin answered me as follows: "Try enlarging the radius of the weather being generated by AS Next"

I'm afraid that is not possible with ASNext

It seems the problem has been resolved, at least in my case. I think there was a problem of "synchronization". Read ASNext help, and gave me an idea (page 30). I bought a license from the add-on FS Real Time (http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/download.asp) , I made a couple of flights and ... surprise: VoxATC gives me the correct landing runway (headwind)

mmm I see.

That little tool should do the same thing as the option from FSUIPC, right?

I will try the FSUIPC option first but i think I read somewhere that option should remain unchecked.

I think this add-on requires FSUIPC registered, that does not make the same. I already tried the FSUIPC option: did not work