Sign in to follow this  
FI615

Question

Hi all

I have been waiting for a decent "shared cockpit" on a complex jet for a very long time and I´m very interested in this project. Especially since its a 737, the most popular passenger jet in the world (I think ?). I know about the Leonardo MD80 but from what I´ve seen is that it gets de-synced very easily, especially the radios.

I´m really interested in knowing how you guys get around the FMCs not being synced ? The FMCs are used alot throughout a flight. In my opinion it would be extremely important that both pilots to have their FMCs synced so both pilots get correct information and not loose "situational awareness". So how do you get around this "problem" ? If you get a "cleared direct XXX " from ATC ....I assume both pilots would have to update their FMCs at the exact same time am I correct ?

I hope some day the FMCs can be synced also

Yup, that's pretty much spot on. We just enter the fmc changes at the same time and confirm with each other and then press exec.

I would love to sync the fmc's but the current sdk is limited at the moment. For example: I can indeed use the sdk to activate all of the fmc buttons. But.. i can't use the sdk to check if any of those buttons have been pressed.

Hence limited read access.

Michael Harders