Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

FSD-INTERNATIONAL

No, I'm saying you can reformat and can upgrade all you want. I know, I've done it and I've owned my Porter for a couple of months. Just save the install files that are extracted after the registration process and you can use those to install every time.

- Aaron

Guest kickin_chicken

I have three FSD-International products (Cheyenne, Navajo and Aerostar) and I think their aircraft are the best! You won't go wrong with an FSD purchase!

>No, I'm saying you can reformat and can upgrade all you want.>I know, I've done it and I've owned my Porter for a couple of>months. Just save the install files that are extracted after>the registration process and you can use those to install>every time.And since a couple of month I am not sure how long they aren

Guest vas_yan

Slightly off topic...I heard that there are dxt3 textures for the vc cockpit, which help with performance, but I can't seem to locate them on the fsd site. Does anyone use them and, if so, where did you find them? I probably could do the work myself with DxtBmp but I am pretty certain that I will mess things up somehow...:-rollKind regards,

>Until we get the new system up and running sometime this>spring or summer we will not be limiting number of activations>when necessary in cases where it seems clear that the hard>drive is being reformatted. It may involve more work for us>for a time, but this will make everything more convenient and>user-friendly for everyone.>>>http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gifGiven the quote above I'd say that I don't have the new version of the license wrapper, I'm just using the correct files to reinstall with. You don't use the original downloaded file, you use the extracted files that result after doing the registration.At any rate, I was just pointing out that I don't believe re-registration was ever necessary as every product I've purchased via download extracts the actual install files after registration.

- Aaron

Guest JoeW

I'm in the process of swapping to a new machine and I bought the Porter for FS2002 and updated it for FS9. I couldn't find the install exe but I still had the key. I wrote FSD and told them of my plight and included the key and the password I used and the old email address I used when I bought it.Well........Less than 30 minutes later I had a URL to the latest install. These guys are great.I installed it and I'm having no problems. It even saw my old Emma Flying Club " Hobo" paint.Joe W.

>>Until we get the new system up and running sometime this>>spring or summer we will not be limiting number of>activations>>when necessary in cases where it seems clear that the hard>>drive is being reformatted. It may involve more work for us>>for a time, but this will make everything more convenient>and>>user-friendly for everyone.>>>>>>http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif>>Given the quote above I'd say that I don't have the new>version of the license wrapper, I'm just using the correct>files to reinstall with. You don't use the original downloaded>file, you use the extracted files that result after doing the>registration.>>At any rate, I was just pointing out that I don't believe>re-registration was ever necessary as every product I've>purchased via download extracts the actual install files after>registration.The problem is you have to register on-line each time and thus it logs what computer it thinks you are running it on ;).Believe me if there wasn