Sign in to follow this  
orbit9192

NGX SDK error in multiplayer

I have been using FS2Crew for the NGX successfully on free flight for about a month now. When I host a multiplayer session however the SDK fails to initialize. I have read the past posts and the manual for how to fix this but nothing has worked. One thing that had been suggested was to restart the flight (CTR + ;) but this is not possible in multiplayer. I am wondering if anyone else has any advice. Cheers.

-Jonathan Bass 

Why can't you re-load the flight in multiplayer?

There is no reset flight option (CTR + ;) when hosting a multiplayer session. If I quite the session (ending it for everyone) and re-establish it the same SDK error occurs.

-Jonathan Bass

I have been using FS2Crew for the NGX successfully on free flight for about a month now. When I host a multiplayer session however the SDK fails to initialize. I have read the past posts and the manual for how to fix this but nothing has worked. One thing that had been suggested was to restart the flight (CTR + ;) but this is not possible in multiplayer. I am wondering if anyone else has any advice. Cheers.

-Jonathan Bass 

I may have not been completely clear the first time. Basically no matter what I do (tried everything in the manual and previous threads) FS2Crew will get the SDK error always when I host a multiplayer session (except for the very first  two times I used it, since then i have reinstalled FS2Crew and tried everything again) but it always works in free flight. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great. Cheers.

-Jonathan Bass

Do you recall what you did differently?

The only thing that changed was I installed the Active Sky Next weather radar panel (which I have since uninstalled and after uninstalling I uninstalled FS2Crew, then reinstalled along with the service pack C for the NGX).

-Jonathan Bass

The only thing that changed was I installed the Active Sky Next weather radar panel (which I have since uninstalled and after uninstalling I uninstalled FS2Crew, then reinstalled along with the service pack C for the NGX).

So your panel.cfg does "not" currently have the Active Sky weather radar on it?

If it's still on your panel.cfg, remove it from your panel.cfg file and try again.

So your panel.cfg does "not" currently have the Active Sky weather radar on it?

If it's still on your panel.cfg, remove it from your panel.cfg file and try again.

I haven't had access to my main FSX computer since last Saturday but I am pretty sure it is uninstalled. I will check later tonight.

-Jonathan Bass

I have checked and my main panel.cfg does not have the Active Sky weather radar on it. There is a backup .cfg called something like "panel.asncfg". That is not it but the same format.

-Jonathan Bass

I will assume that it is just a problem with simconnect. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve that I will try. Thank you for your help.

-Jonathan Bass