Hello everyone.  Quick question....Im in the process of building a primarily FSX computer.  I have purchased everything except GPU and the monitor.  I have been back and forth for like two weeks on this issue.  I really want a 1440p monitor in 27 inch but I dont know if a single 770 is enough.  I would like to play with reasonably high settings with enjoyable FPS.  I have lots of add ons as well.  Thanks so much in advance

I don,t think you will have any trouble running 1440p

as long as the rest of your system is as good.

What cpu are you getting?

Are you going to overclock?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks gb for responding..I7 4770K and yes on the overclocking.  I play now on just your regular old school dell 20" monitor (Not even 1080).  The system I run now is just awful and I need to have every setting turned waaaaaaaaaaayy down.  So anything would be an upgrade really!   But those 1440p monitors are pretty damn cool..

Whatever you do make sure you future-proof yourself with regards to mobo and CPU socket etc.

Don't get stuck like me with a stink AMD AM3 motherboard...just leaves you to get the fastest CPU available for that socket and try to o/c it for all it's worth.

Really can't be stuffed replacing mobo/CPU combo to Intel and re-installing everything!

4.2GHZ and counting.....

But those 1440p monitors are pretty damn cool..

Sounds like a great match for the 4770k.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have that combo (770 4Gb with Dell 1440p monitor) and it runs great with good fps and AA (FSX and P3dv2).