Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

A380 panel

Does anyone know if there is an a380 panel available which includes the Vertical Display on the ND? Even if it doesn't work fully, just showing the a/c ascent path (I'm not expecting a working weather display!).

Martin

Are you referring to the Project Airbus A380 ?  

Please use VasFMC (standalone version) it has a lot of stuff and it is very neat. I don't know about the weather as I am on GA's right now , but do try it. Hope it helps.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I discovered that I have a panel backed up with the vertical display (it is on the Navigational Display on the main flight instruments)!

post-110788-0-24304100-1389903564.jpg

That's from a real-world panel, not FS9 (sadly!!).

I found a file called 3rd.party.zip for VasFMC.. but I can't see that that is the correct file - the links which might have helped me install this are dead so I have no idea what to do to install this in my a/c. Any idea where I download the software? There are tutorials on Youtube showing how to use it, but I am not sure if I have the right files yet to install it:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vasfmc/files/

If that is the file I need, then what to do with the various libraries etc??

I am used to using an FMC in PSS/PMDG etc., so if it isn't so different, once I get it installed then I should be OK..

Thanks

I installed vasFMC and then spent the afternoon adapting my previous 2D panel to fit the PA aircraft. Now it is really very nice indeed - with VC and all. I have deleted all my other a380s, which now pale in comparison to the PA+vasFMC, downloaded all liveries currently flying and am ready to go. I shall be flying a380s for a while now!

I had not heard of vasFMC before, so thanks for the heads up - I just have to find a manual and learn how to use it (I know the PMDG 747 CDU pretty well, plus several others, so I am hoping it will be a relatively straight forward learning curve).

Martin

I installed vasFMC and then spent the afternoon adapting my previous 2D panel to fit the PA aircraft. Now it is really very nice indeed - with VC and all. I have deleted all my other a380s, which now pale in comparison to the PA+vasFMC, downloaded all liveries currently flying and am ready to go. I shall be flying a380s for a while now!

I had not heard of vasFMC before, so thanks for the heads up - I just have to find a manual and learn how to use it (I know the PMDG 747 CDU pretty well, plus several others, so I am hoping it will be a relatively straight forward learning curve).

Martin

Cool

The manual is there.   It is a similar thing to the FMC in the PMDG or Airbus.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus