Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

vasFMC - help with installation please.

Hi,

I only discovered this FMC today, but having downloaded the NavData, I got it installed into my PA a380 cockpit with no problem. So I thought that I would try it in some other Airbuses - the CLS a330-200 to start with.

I wonder if I am making a stupid error somewhere; the FMC shows, but it's switched off and I can't get it to light up. I have added the same panel entry as I made in the a380 panel.cfg:

[Window06]
size_mm=377,600
visible=1
ident=10014
window_pos=8

gauge00=vasfmcgau!mcdu, 0,0,377,600

and I have copied the four vasFMC folders _acs, _lgip, _rmp & _sys into the CLS panel folder. But the CDU is dark.

I tried with the SGA a300: same result.

I have Googled this for almost an hour - and it seems if I have read things right that people are saying (in passing) that they have vasFMC in their CLS airbus, so surely it should be working OK. Others seem to have the same problem. For instance:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397123-vasfmc-how-to-turn-it-on/

But it is comes on by itself when I load the a380, so maybe the issue is not actually how to 'turn it on'?

Anyone know what I haven't done? Should you be able to install this into any (suitable) aircraft??

Thanks,

Martin

OK, after experimenting, I have managed to get the FMC working in other aircraft now.

First of course you need to make a window for it in the panel.cfg file, something like this:

[Window06]//MCDU
Size_mm=377,600
visible=1
position=8
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=vasfmcgau!mcdu,0,0,377,600

That gets the fmc into the cockpit (adding the title window too of course at the top!).

To get the gauge operative, I added this line to the end of [Window00], using next available gauge number for XX:

gaugeXX=vasfmcgau!nd,0,0,1,1, builtin id10002 a_style

I changed the dimensions and placement as this entry produces a duplicate Navigational Display gauge. 0,0,1,1 makes it invisible. Without this gauge in the panel.cfg file, the fmc does not switch on.

By the way, you don't need to add the four vasFMC folders _acs, _lgip, _rmp & _sys to the panel folder...

All you need then is an icon shortcut in the cockpit to open and close the FMC - easy enough with an xml script. (The toggle supplied with vasFMC didn't want to work, so I just created a new one).

I am not sure yet about the operation of this FMC and whether simply installing it into an existing panel.cfg is going to work (this is my first day using it), but maybe the above will help someone at least to get the gauge operating in the cockpit.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm glad you were able to work it out on your own.  Just wanted to thank you for coming back here and posting the solution to your own question.  Not everyone does that, but it's always helpful to other folks who might run into the same problem.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks. Nothing more annoying (well, there is stuff more annoying, but let's just say...) than finding a post that relates exactly to the problem you're having and the thread ending with 'It's OK, I sorted this out myself, but thanks anyway..'!

^_^

I have just discovered the new version of vasfmc and downloaded and unzipped it. There are no instructions on how to install it. I have searched all the forums I can and still no clear cut set of instructions, Can someone help??