Sign in to follow this  
NAVRAD

Zoom views

Hello

Can someone tell me how to set zoom views? From the dropdown menu in FS9 you could set the zoom but appears not the case in FSX?

Thanks in advance

Regards

ALW

ALW,

Are you wanting to re-set your default view distance for the various cockpit, aircraft, and other views?   If so, there are two locations:

1.   C (your drive):\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Cameras;  and

2.   C (your drive):\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\your aircraft

Adjust the InitialZoom = n   to get your new default value.

Chris

Hello Chris

Thanks for that. I changed the values to  two extremes to check I'd done the right thing, saved the cfg but each time the view is still 0.8 in FS even though I've changed it?

Must be missing something?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Only three things I can think of:

1.   After saving your new zoom value in cfg, close cfg and then re-open it to make sure that it is actually saving your entry.

2.   After going into the required view in FSX (and you say that it still shows the old value), hit Backspace to bring it to default (default should be the new value you entered in the cfg).

3.   "I changed the values to two extremes...".   What were those extremes?   If you increase/decrease the value too much, then I suppose that FSX can't accommodate you.  I've not tested that one out though.

Chris

Hi Chris

Thank you. If I get time I'll have a look tonight. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Alan

Hi Chris

I cannot change these zoom values or rather I can but it's not having an effect

in-sim.

I find it a bit strange. I read somewhere if it's W7 it might not accept the changes and to open Notepad, run it as Administrator, open the .cfg file and save the changes that way but that made no difference either!

Back to the drawing board

Thanks

Alan

Alan....Just basic questions:  when you are changing the values (or anything) in cfg files, I assume that you have exited FSX completely.  Only after cfg is edited, should you fire up FSX.   Also, your UAC setting in Control Panel is set to 'Never Notify'.

Chris

Hello Chris

Yes to existing FSX completely. I didn't know about the 'never notify'?

However I have, and should have done this when I first installed FSX, read the manual and all I have done now is simply assigned two keyboard keys through FSUIPC, one for zoom in the other for zoom out.

It's ok now.

So I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to reply to me-I hope I haven't wasted your time.

Many thanks

Alan

No time wasted Alan.   However, if you're zooming in, then your keyboard (- and +) will do the job.  Our earlier discussions were on assigning a default value to the various views, which of course could be done in the cfg files.   Anyway, glad that you have settled on a fix.

Chris