Sign in to follow this  
charleshotel

B1900D Snag List

Hi All

Firstly I would like to say very well done to Carenado on the visuals for the B1900D, truly high quality.

I have not had too much time available to fly this sim model since buying it a few days so I have probably missed several other snags or I may have jumped the gun a bit on one or two due to not using the FMC too much yet. If anyone else spots any snags beyond the ones below, or corrections to the below, please post it in this thread which could possibly make it easier for the developers to see all the system correction requests by owners of this fantastic sim model?

I understand that FSX has limitations regarding certain systems, but the below snags/errors/omissions have been implemented in several other 3rd party FSX /FS2004 products including a B1900D model. I see the first Service Pack has solved several issues already but unfortunately many still remain. Carenado, please do not see this as a bashing of your product, I would just like to see this sim aircraft reach its full potential in order to use it for personal procedural practise.

There are several other electrical system errors beyond the below snags but they are not as critical as the ones below.

- Default fuel config should have Main Fuel tanks filled first before any fuel is put in the Aux tanks. The aircraft manual calls for Main Fuel Tanks to always be filled before any fuel is put in the AUX tanks due to structural reasons.

- Cold and dark setup; Electrical system indication selector should be in TPL (Triple) Bus position.

- Cold and dark setup; all 4 EFIS power switches should be in the off position for a cold and dark setup.

- Overspeed and Stall Warning test switch should be a three position switch with the centre being the OFF position and the Stall Warning being a single tone aural warning and the Overspeed Warning being an oscillating tone.

- Fire Detection (Fire T handle illuminating) should activate the Red Master Warning annunciator.

- All Red Warning annunciators should trigger the Master Warning Annunciator. All Orange Caution Annunciators should trigger the Master Caution Annunciator.

- If fuel transfer is selected to one side, the opposite side's Fuel Press Low annunciator should extinguish as originating side's pump is activated providing pressure on that side to transfer to the opposite side. (e.g. When transferring fuel from the Left main tank to the Right, the Fuel Transfer switch is switched from the Center OFF position to the Right side. This activates the Left Standby Fuel Pump which then provides Fuel Pressure on the left side).

- Autofeather armed lights (at 11 oclock from the torque gauges) are not functioning at all and is a very important check on the aircraft both before takeoff and during takeoff roll while setting takeoff power.

-During start only the Ignition and Engine Start switches are used and Auto Ignition is not used at all and definitely does not automatically come on when one of the Ignition and Engine Start switches are used. Auto Ignition switches only come on during the Before Takeoff sequence.

-Landing Gear Lever transit lights inside the gear lever has a separate test switch just right of the gear lever itself. Used for testing light serviceability before a flight.

- GA (go around) mode is a separate mode which will keep the wings level and climb the aircraft at a V Enroute Climb speed of 123 KIAS.

- IAS Mode and VS mode buttons on the flight director is not functioning at all. On the left control column there is a Sync switch below the PTT switch on the left handle and on the right control column there is a Sync switch below the PTT on the right column. I understand this is not practical to implement in FS but the actual VS and IAS switch can be used to sync the current VS or IAS by switching the respective mode off and back on again. It syncs the Flight Director bar to maintain the current Airspeed or Vertical Speed. The ALT mode should also sync-able.

- Feathered props should idle at 400 RPM.

- Cabin lighting has some glitches. When switching on the cabin light switch (which should actually be a three position switch OFF PARTIAL FULL) the emergency instrument lights is also switched on with the overhead floods going off. The blue tinted Instrument Emergency Lights should be activated by the Red push button switch on the far right of the overhead panel.

- Beacon light should have three positions (OFF GND FLT), Strobe Light is a two position switch (OFF ON).

- The PUSH CRS DIRECT push button on top of the Course selector knob, when pushed should point direct to the station/centre the Course Bar to the current radial and when no Nav Source is selected should not have any effect.

- The CRS Select button left of the Course Selector knob should have the following Nav Sources available to the Course Bar, on P1 side, VOR1 (Green CRS Bar), VOR2 (Yellow CRS Bar), LRN (Long Range Navigation (White CRS Bar, GPS) and no source (CRS Bar disappears). The P2 side should have the VOR1 and VOR2 colours reversed, i.e. VOR1 yellow VOR2 green.

- The Single and Double arrow push button RMI function switches should additionally have LRN (GPS) as an option which gives a direct to next GPS waypoint arrow with the colour for LRN on the RMI function being Magenta.

- Feathered props should idle at 400 RPM.

They do turn at 400RPM. Just make sure they are actually feathered. (e.g. check the tooltips not saying minimum but feathered)

Just pulling the prop levers back to the min position with the mouse will not feather the prop.

You have to use the keystroke 'reduce prop RPM' for the last inch of travel to actually feather the prop. (works like with the default King Air and Baron)

That's to avoid accidential feathering as you have to to move the prop lever over a gate IRL for the same reason.

That's to avoid accidential feathering as you have to to move the prop lever over a gate IRL for the same reason.

I believe you are confusing the power levers and the propeller levers. In the Real Airplane, which I teach, the power levers have two gates, one gate for going into Ground Fine and another gate for Reverse. You can pull all of the way up on the Power Levers and pull them into Reverse bypassing Ground Fine.

The Propeller levers have a friction detent at the low end of the propeller range just prior to going into feather. This detent requires additional reward force to overcome in order to feather the propellers. I want to say it takes about 5 lbs of force to overcome this detent but that depends on the age of the airplane and if/when the detents were last replaced. There is a maintenance check to determine that the detents do still provide some resistance.

I believe you are confusing the power levers and the propeller levers.

No, it's not possible to confuse these 2 because you don't feather the props with the power levers.

Can't remember how it did work on the Dash7 and 8 but the point is that in any case there's some kind of device that prevents unintentional feathering. 

No, it's not possible to confuse these 2 because you don't feather the props with the power levers.

Can't remember how it did work on the Dash7 and 8 but the point is that in any case there's some kind of device that prevents unintentional feathering. 

OK if that is what you want to believe then go for it.

Bottom line is there are no gates on the propellers on the B90, B200, B300 or B190. (unless someone modified the airplane other than how Papa Beech sent it out the factory.) You do not move the propellers over a gate to feather it is just a friction detent.

Yes if you are ham fisted with this airplane you can pull the propeller right back into feather.

If you don't want to understand, (or maybe can't) what's the point I'm trying to make, that's your problem. 

FYI, on the Dash 7 it is an actual gate. 

BTW, Walter Beech died in 1950, so I doubt that he had anything to do with the prop lever design.

At least I know again why I stopped posting here a long time ago. Thank you for reminding me again.