Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

This disgusts me.

Guest MikePutnam

Exactly...again...and again....I ran into my flight instructor on Friday night. I actually haven't flown in quite a few years, but we were talking about costs of learning (I wanted to get back into it here soon and finish up). He said that one of the FBOs at the airport is now charging $85/hour wet for a 182. An instructor is running $30 or more I think. When I was flying last, I was doing it for $35/hour wet and the instructor cost me $20/hour. It made sense back then, now... sheesh.For those of you that feel sorry for me, let me know and I'll send you the "Mike's Wants to Fly" fund link so you can donate.Mike>>again?>>>Again? What'cha mean again? :( Its always raising :( ;)>>>:-beerchug>>>>http://www.avsim.com/vaworld/mikep/smallsig.gif

Guest ba747heavy

Your right, pathetic is the word that comes to mind.

Guest Blue Skyy

You're lucky. Around NYC area our 182 rents for $160 and instructors are $48....~skyy

I'm currently going $69/wet for a 152 and $29 an hour for instructor fees at KBLM in NJ.... price builds up faster than you can say "ooga booga shibbley dibbly iggy boo" .... cough