Sign in to follow this  
Mac1

Wideview

Are there any advantages using Wideview? I am using triple head2 go at the moment.

Live View does exactly the same thing without the traffic updates which are extremely troublesome to sync correctly. so I can't see the relevance of the question.

TH2GO is a display system on a single PC whereas Live View and WideView allow you to offload camera views onto a networked client system or systems that have their own copy of the simulator and are therefore able to display views, mostly used to display scenic views on the client systems and save the main system from having to support multiple views.

If you want to set up a Live View system you can do that with OpusFSX. If you want to know about WideView then you are on the wrong forum.

Stephen

Opus is a very good program, it does so many things well. I purchased Opus for the weather; Haze, fog, cloud layering; the weather reporting system is outstanding and surprisingly - it continues to be improved. I also like live view on the server as well as buttkicker.

On my computer system WidevieW is easier to set up on a client and it does seem to work well with Opus on the server. I kind of gave up on Opusclient, at least for a while, until live view camera transfer issues and security/ownership issues work better on my equipment. As this is a new client build to remove Opus client and resurrect my older but latest update WidevieW program I have yet to establish if the Opus weather properly transfers to the client.

You will NOT get any weather transferred unless you have the FSXCLIENT program active on your client system and sort out your sharing and security permissions to allow the OpusWeather.WTB file to be transferred and copied into the simulators Weather\theme folder. This is needed and is the only way to synchronise your weather.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, The Opus "weather only feature" has previously worked well on my client computer, and in fact, I would like it installed there for your weather map features. (ps. Hope you are still considering the addition of the wind direction arrows and legends. LOL.....as off subject as this may be a 10 and 20 mile ring around the weather maps center point would be an astonishing improvement) Anyway back on subject, My opus client problem has most always been about transferring server configured client cameras to the client as well as my configured window cameras being ignored and replaced by the default Opus window view camera.

I will again reinstall Opus on the client and hope that Opus weather will translate to the WidevieW client.

The Opus client weather sync works very well indeed and is the only way to sync the Opus weather, WideView will not do that for you.

For the wind arrows and general updates to the LWA weather maps, all this has been superseded by the OpusFSI development. Please see our SimForums OpusFSI Beta.. and OpusFSI Progress topics. The OpusFSI Version 4.00.x Beta has been available for a few weeks now, this upgrade includes a much improved LWA with provision for geographic maps, wind arrow overlays, and much more.

Stephen :smile:

See also the OpusFSI Beta Progress topic in this forum, I have posted another image for you. Although I do not update this topic very often and SimForums is our main 'official' support forum.

Stephen