I posted this somewhere else and realized I was the only poster in the thread!

It may be I am posting too much, but honestly, I am trying to post to help others as much as myself.

I did a search for fixing this behavior but the only germane posts had to do with older units and dirty pots. Since this behavior started after one calibration change in particular, I do not think that is the case.... other reasons too.

Here is the problem:

If untouched, the yoke stability in my virtual cockpit is displayed fine. But any change on left or right aileron creates jitter in the displayed yoke position and aileron position, (as I changed view to outside of plane.)

This is distracting visually and each jump seems to impact the whole visual display. Now seeing the ailerons are bouncing and jittering with any change in yoke position, (but then stable if I stop changes,) I am thinking it is having an impact in the aileron surfaces while flying as well!

Any ideas?

There is a post HERE that suggests I may need to trash the configuration I have worked so hard to get and start over, so I am hoping that is not the case and asking here first!

Thanx...

zeddock

I am finding, as others have posted about duplicated axis, that when I have turned on the FSX native controller, so that the HAT view switch works, it creates the jitters. So, I take that to mean I have a setting mapped in FSX for the Aileron axis too.  Guess I need to find that and delete it?

zeddock

Hi Zeddock,

I have a long history of jittering controls.  I used a CH yoke for years along with CH pedals and CH throttle quadrant.  All of them jittered.  After extensive troubleshooting and swapping usb ports I finally found a fix. I plugged all of them into a powered usb hub.  Problem solved and everything was as stable as a rock.

This past year I decided to get a Saitek Proflight yoke to replace the CH one.  Jitters came back (yoke only).   When I plugged it into the powered hub my system wouldn't recognize the yoke so I am having to plug it into a regular usb port.  I left the pedals and throttle quadrant plugged into the powered hub and they are still ok.

The problem you described with the yoke indication being stable in neutral  but then jittering when moved to either aileron axis is exactly what mine does.  Sometimes mine will jitter when I first start FSX even though the yoke has not been moved.  When that happens I have to shut down FSX, change to another usb port and restart.  Drives me crazy.  Wish I knew why the yoke won't work when plugged into a powered hub because I think it would cure the jitters like it did my CH yoke.

I know this doesn't help cure your problem - just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  I would welcome any suggestions by anyone.

Jim