Sign in to follow this  
supersym

VOXATC PREPAR3D V2.1 and Flight plan VFR

Hello !

I've still the same issue :

After loaded a VFR flight plan with P3Dv2.1, voxatc only suggest to do circuit or local flight.

It was the same with p3d v2  and using flight plan saved with fsx...

thank you for helping me  :(

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I believe that the following are necessary for this to work (and I haven't tried VoxATC in 2.1 yet, will let you know how I get on when I do):

As well as the flight plan file (.PLN), you need an FSX-style flight file (.FLT).  P3D by default creates and fxml files and I don't think VoxATC can handle these.  However, it will also write to an FLT file if you save to overwrite an existing FLT file.  I prefer to then delete the fxml file just to keep things tidy.

Use the Estonia Migration Tool, with it set to virtual FSX.  If you don't have this, I don't know exactly what it is doing that makes it work.  But it didn't work for me if I did not have virtual fsx enabled.

Be careful of the PLN. file being amended by P3D.  With 2.0 I always kept a backup and overwrote the file if it was amended by P3D (check date stamp).  This might have been fixed in 2.1 though.

When creating a flight, and then importing the flight plan it is necessary to then save the flight.  In P3D if you make sure that you save it as an FLT (I create a blank FLT file and overwrite it), this should work - but remember that the PLN file will be amended and you may want to overwrite with your backup.

I'm not sure if the above are correct (so many variables), but it's what I found worked for me with 2.0.  Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't.

Hopefully the developer will release an update soon.

Thank you.

I'm not shure to have saved my flight with the flight plan imported...

I'll try.

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Just tried to install VoxATC into 2.1, and I'm having problems.  6.20 refused to installing saying that I didn't have FSX SP2, did I want to download it.  6.05 has installed but I get a fatal error as soon as I click Enable in the VoxATC window.  I spent a lot of time getting VoxATC to work with 2.0, and at the moment I don't think I can be bothered to go through it all again to get it working with 2.1.  I'll probably just wait for the next update.

So you've got further than I have with 2.1.  Good luck.

I believe that the following are necessary for this to work (and I haven't tried VoxATC in 2.1 yet, will let you know how I get on when I do):

As well as the flight plan file (.PLN), you need an FSX-style flight file (.FLT).  P3D by default creates and fxml files and I don't think VoxATC can handle these.  However, it will also write to an FLT file if you save to overwrite an existing FLT file.  I prefer to then delete the fxml file just to keep things tidy.

Use the Estonia Migration Tool, with it set to virtual FSX.  If you don't have this, I don't know exactly what it is doing that makes it work.  But it didn't work for me if I did not have virtual fsx enabled.

Be careful of the PLN. file being amended by P3D.  With 2.0 I always kept a backup and overwrote the file if it was amended by P3D (check date stamp).  This might have been fixed in 2.1 though.

When creating a flight, and then importing the flight plan it is necessary to then save the flight.  In P3D if you make sure that you save it as an FLT (I create a blank FLT file and overwrite it), this should work - but remember that the PLN file will be amended and you may want to overwrite with your backup.

I'm not sure if the above are correct (so many variables), but it's what I found worked for me with 2.0.  Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't.

Hopefully the developer will release an update soon.

Do you use files created with FSX ?

Do you use files created with FSX ?

With 2.0 I did have to use PLN files from FSX, but could use FLT files created from P3D as described above.

OK - works fine if I load an FLT, PLN, WX file combo created in FSX.  However, if I attempt to save the flight (overwriting it), then it no longer works. 

Whereas in 2.0 I could save into an FLT file if one already existed, this doesn't seem to work in 2.1 (the existing flt file is deleted, and replaced with an fxml file).

I WIll try thanks !

With 2.0 I did have to use PLN files from FSX, but could use FLT files created from P3D as described above.

For creating a flt files with p3d you create a file with notepad, for example and you overwrite it with p3d ? Because there's no way to create a flt file with p3d...

For creating a flt files with p3d you create a file with notepad, for example and you overwrite it with p3d ? Because there's no way to create a flt file with p3d

Correct... with v2.0.  Unfortunately doesn't work in v2.1.

A version of VoxATC 6 is in test that works with Prepar3D 2.1. Please be patient and when it is ready an announcement will be made on AVSIM. The update will be free to existing users.

Bob Sidwick

R C Simulations Ltd

Oh !

Great !

And you have an idee of the date of the release ?  :biggrin:

The intended date of the release of VoxATC 6.33, compatible with LM Prepar3D 2.1 is mid March obviously providing no "show stoppers" are found

very good news =)