Sign in to follow this  
dji13

ASN (WX)+OpusLiveCamera (CAM)

Hey i just bought ASN And i decided that i won't buy Ezdok since i have Opus. So i gave it a try but i only get shaking on ground. I feel like Opus Live Camera is not reading the weather correctly. Maybe it has to do with the sequence that i open the programs at. I first load my flight and then i open Opus-->Disable Live Weather-->Open ASN.

Please Help

Thanks

Daniel

Hello,

Try starting with Opus (with live weather disabled), then ASN, and after setting your flightplan in ASN load FSX.

Regards,

Rene

Hello,

Try starting with Opus (with live weather disabled), then ASN, and after setting your flightplan in ASN load FSX.

Regards,

Rene

Hey Rene, I did exactly as you said but i still get camera shaking only when on ground.Once i takeoff the shaking stops and never comes back until i land.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

When I encounter shaking in the air, it is caused by turbulence. The shaking is then produced by ASN, not by Opus. So, no turbulence, no shaking. By the way I have the turbulence settings in Opus disabled, as I get weird aircraft beviour if they are on in combination with ASN; these two do not seem to like each other (no pun intended :)).

Regards,

Rene

Hi Daniel,

When I encounter shaking in the air, it is caused by turbulence. The shaking is then produced by ASN, not by Opus. So, no turbulence, no shaking. By the way I have the turbulence settings in Opus disabled, as I get weird aircraft beviour if they are on in combination with ASN; these two do not seem to like each other (no pun intended :)).

Regards,

Rene

So basically Opus Live Camera does not work with ASN?

I wouldn't say that. Just the 'Bump aircraft' and 'Turbulence bump' sliders in the DHM section of Opus need to be unticked. I will do another test flight tonight and see if there is any adverse effect of the 'Turbulence motion' slider. All in all I find it understandable that piling similar effects of different addons on top of each other may cause problems.

Regards,

René

Hello Daniel:

Opus does work with ASN, quite well actually. I use it this way all the time. The only instance that it doesn't work is with the Majestic Dash 8.

Ensure you have DHM checked on the main camera page.

Click the DHM button and ensure the check boxes in the DHM pop up are selected properly. I use "Assign Defaults" .

I have Opus set up to start with FSX, and I start ASN prior to starting FSX.

Lots of turbulence with that set-up, and I love it!!!

- Roger

Hello Daniel:

Opus does work with ASN, quite well actually. I use it this way all the time. The only instance that it doesn't work is with the Majestic Dash 8.

Ensure you have DHM checked on the main camera page.

Click the DHM button and ensure the check boxes in the DHM pop up are selected properly. I use "Assign Defaults" .

I have Opus set up to start with FSX, and I start ASN prior to starting FSX.

Lots of turbulence with that set-up, and I love it!!!

- Roger

Hello Roger,

Do you start Opus with live weather on?

I discovered that if i start with Opus and leave live weather on and let Opus update the Live weather and then start ASN and turn off live weather in Opus,i will get shaking in air.

Thanks

Daniel

I am using Opus Version 2.81.1 beta

Hi Daniel:

No, in the "Configure" pop up, I do not have a check on "Enable Live Weather Engine"

In ASN, do you have " Use REALISM mode options" selected?

It is in the tool bar in the "Settings" section, and is hard to tell if it is selected or not. If unsure, click it anyway.

- Roger

Hello Roger,

Do you start Opus with live weather on?

I discovered that if i start with Opus and leave live weather on and let Opus update the Live weather and then start ASN and turn off live weather in Opus,i will get shaking in air.

Thanks

Daniel

I am using Opus Version 2.81.1 beta

2.81.1??? we're at 3.42.10 now, update!