Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

fs9 undercarriage issue

Guest redevil

hi all,ive recently developed a problem on fs9,seems like when i fly 737 and 747,soon after takeoff and retracting gear,if i try to lower it,the lever goes,but undercarriage doesnt lower????? ive tried it many times and have never known this to happen,have i got a bug of sorts or can anyone shed any ideas.redevil

Guest Madtrapper

Hi Redevil: Could it just be that your aircraft speed is to high for safe operation of your landing gear?gotta start somewhere;-) ;-)

Guest redevil

i did think this but fs9 didplays this in a windows if airspeed is too high,and,a few times ive just about landed and found no ucarriage

Guest aca_dia

FS9 will display an over speed message, but not one for when you are above Vlo or Vle (gear extension/retraction speed). Unless it has a message that I turned off and long since forgot about.Douglas

Guest Madtrapper

Hi Redevil:Like Douglas said the over speed message is different than the max gear extension/retraction speed...You could try this....take off from your airport ,climb to 2000 agl and fly a pattern at 180kts and see if your gear works.I can`t remember of the top of my head but I think you have to be under 250kts or less depending on the aircraft for the gear to retract.give it a try and let me know....:)

Hi,As stated above, FS will display no message when this happens. BTW, when this happens, if you just slow down (without touching anything), your flaps and/or gear will come down when you get slow enough.You can see what these speeds are in the plane's aircraft.cfg file (Flaps or Contact Points section). Here are excerpts:[Flaps.0]type=1span-outboard=0.5extending-time=40.0flaps-position.0=0,0flaps-position.1=10,174flaps-position.2=20,174flaps-position.3=30,139flaps-position.4=40,139flaps-position.5=50,139lift_scalar=0.2drag_scalar=0.2pitch_scalar=1.0Here you can see that the first two notches of flaps has to be below 174 kts, and the rest below 139 kts.[contact_points]static_pitch=0.5static_cg_height=8.3point.0=1,30.5 ,0.00,-8.5,1800,0,0.83,52,0.39,2.5,0.90,10,10,0,174,174point.1=1,-4.5,-12.4,-8.3,1500,1,0.83,0 ,0.39,2.5,0.55,10,10,2,174,174point.2=1,-4.5,12.40,-8.3,1500,2,0.83,0 ,0.39,2.5,0.55,10,10,3,174,174point.3=2,-5.166667,-57,3.5,1574,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,5,0,0point.4=2,-5.166667, 57,3.5,1574,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,6,0,0point.5=2,-56.833333,0,-1.2,1574,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,9,0,0point.6=2,30.5,0,-0.66,1574,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,4,0,0gear_system_type=0Here you can see that the you must be below 174 kts to extend the gear, and below 174 kts to retract the gear.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I haven't had that happen, that I remember...But I did have something weird happen the other day. I've been flying the new freeware 737-200 panel, "which is pretty dang cool, BTW" and also the "matching" aircraft the last few days...Well, the very first time I flew it, I did a quicky spin around the town to see how it flew, etc...I decided to do a visual into KIAH 15L. My airspeed was pretty hot and me a tad high, so i decided to drop my gear, to add extra drag, and slow me down a bit. I might have been a bit over 200 knots...I wasn't trying to adhere to any real world speed skeds at that time...Anyway, I dropped the gear, end flaps, etc, and all seemed fine...Well, I made the landing, and when I touched down, it sure seemed kind of squirrely feeling as far as my plane/gear touched down...It was like I was drifting off to one side, as in a strong cross wind...But nope, I kept going on down the runway, and finally came to rest on ONE main landing gear only! My left side main gear did not retract. It was knarly! Sparks, grinding, etc as I ground my way to a stop, with the left wing grinding into the runway. I safely landed the plane on the nose, and right main gear. Thats the first time I've ever had that happen...Sure, I've done loads of belly landings with no gear at all, but I had never had a single gear failure like that...Was kinda cool...:/ Anyone else ever had only one gear fail out of the bunch? I wonder if it was faked damage due to me dropping the gear at the hot approach speed...But....I wasn't really going all *that* fast...Dunno...:/ It's never done it since, with me flying "normal"... MK

redevil, For me it was a battery drain problem from what i can remember. Check that you have 'Extend battery Life' in the fsuipc options ticked :DCheers