Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

FS9 doesn`t like my Mouse

Guest rafvr

If I use the keyboard to "Create a Flight" or "Select a Flight" and to change the various settings, FS9 loads up correctly and I can use the Mouse in the 2D or Virtual Cockpit and even on the Pulldown Menus without any problems..... BUT if I try to do the same things with the Mouse, then FS9 crashes the system and reboots. I don`t have this problem with FS2002 (also on my Hard Drive) or on any other programme. Additionally, most times after clicking on the Desk Top icon I get the Splash Screen plus Database build (and if I had previously installed new scenery the EZ-VFR runs) and then the splash screen disappears but FS9 doesn`t appear - I have to click the icon a second time.I would be most grateful for any offers of advice that might help me solve this infutiating problem of the Mouse/FS9 crashing the system. Whilst I can load up FS9 and fly as long as I remember not to use the mouse before it has loaded or if I want to change aircraft etc, I find that instinctively I use the mouse say the change something and then FS9 crashes the system.Many thanksGeorge

Guest Philip Olson

George, I am not sure about this one at all. One thing that you could try as a start would be to change your video cards driver. I suppose that it is possible that it does not like the motion of the cursor. Do you have any progrmas active for your mouse, software to make mouse extras work?Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest rafvr

PhillipI only have the MS Mouse Driver - no accelerator or other mouse progs.I`ll take your suggestion and look for an update to my ATI 9800 Pro and comment once I`ve done thatRegardsGeorge

Guest rafvr

No change Phillip with the latest drivers from ATI - I`ve even tried a small programme called "End-it-All" that closes unrequired programmes.Guess my next step (for what its worth) is an email to Microsoft GamesThanks for your helpGeorge

I had the same problem but with a text editor!!! This fixed it for me.Control Panel/Display Properties/Settings Tab/Troubleshoot Tab/-> Reduce acceleration one notch from full. It reads..."Disable cursor and bitmap accelerations" Regards,Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest rafvr

>I had the same problem but with a text editor!!! This fixed>it for me.>Control Panel/Display Properties/Settings Tab/Troubleshoot>Tab/-> Reduce acceleration one notch from full. It>reads..."Disable cursor and bitmap accelerations" Thanks Roman - I tried out your suggestion and with one notch I still had the same problem but not with every button clicked. it just caught me out after 2 or 3 buttons had worked properly. I tried 2 notches down and this time it seems to be running OK, although I`ve still got my fingers crossed ;-)The only thing I now get a small square of pixels around the cursor, as though it has popped thru from a previous screen. Its a wee bit niggly but not nearly so frustrating as having FS9 crash to reboot, so unless someone suggest an alternative, I`ll put up with it.Meanwhile, many thanks Roman for your very useful tipKind regardsGeorge