Sign in to follow this  
JohnO356

No Aircraft in Cockpit View

This is strange.  I've installed a lot of aircraft in FSX (freeware and paid) but never ran into this problem.   In any of the outside views the airplane is visible and I can fly it; however in "cockpit view" nothing shows up but the runway and scenery.  I start the engine and take off down the runway, I hear the engine, see the scenery going by, etc but I have to switch to an outside view to see the plane and what it's doing.

This is an unimportant aircraft (freeware) that I installed today to get a feel for the version of the Garmin 1500 that the plane is supposed to have installed. The plane is called PoMansMeridian III GC, and I downloaded it from  fs2x.com

My real interest now is finding out why all the views show up except the cockpit view.

You got it olli. The virtual cockpit is not modeled. In the 2d cockpit the instrument panel shows up and is fully functional, but that's all that shows up in cockpit view, no airplane, lol.

Well, that's OK with me. In my initial post I mentioned the Garmin 1500, but I was distracted at the time.  There are two aircraft in the installation, and the second one is what I wanted to check out.  It has the Garmin 430 and the 530 fully functional-- I haven't seen these instruments before and was interested.

Flying this plane will be rather strange with no propeller, etc, but all the normal controls-- flaps, gear, etc, work even though invisible. But it's the instruments I'm interested in. I wish I knew enough about programming to put the 430/530 panel in one of the FSX planes. Would you happen to know of a fully modeled payware plane with these instruments?

Glad you responded, I probably wouldn't have thought of that. I almost always use virtual cockpit Thank you.

You can check the Carenado planes. Some of them have it modelled. But pls. check the "fineprint" beforehand:

http://secure.simmarket.com/carenado-b1900d-hd-series-fsxp3dv1p3dv2-(de_8166).phtml

Reality XP have developed addon "gauges" with both the 430 and the 530:

http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns530/

"Fineprint" applies there as well, as the RXP gauges can interfere with default or custom nav receivers of the planes you want to install them into.