Sign in to follow this  
golfguy

Orbx Global

I just installed Orbx Global and it appears my textures on just about all of my add-on Orbx airports are messed up. Also, my frame rates have been much lower, almost by half??

Never had any problems with Orbx before but I sure do now. Any suggestions? Am running FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just installed Orbx Global and it appears my textures on just about all of my add-on Orbx airports are messed up. Also, my frame rates have been much lower, almost by half??

Never had any problems with Orbx before but I sure do now. Any suggestions? Am running FSX.

Hi golfguy,

I intalled FTX Global  a couple of days ago and for starters I follow the steps listed on their PDF file on how to install and configure it. Then I downloaded the 2 updates from their support web page, 1 file is the latest library file and the second a service pack. Install the service pack first and the library last. Crank up FSX and then as a starting configure your settings per the screens listed in the PDF file in the main page of FTX Global. Since you installed a ton of files it will be a great idea to defragment your HD or at least defrag your FSX folder. My PC is a basic barebones PC and the FPS I get are locked at 30 without any problem.

Thanks Borderline:

I will follow your lead here with a re-install first and then download service pack 1.20 and then the library. I'll let you know how it turned out. I really

appreciate your help. I'll do the defrag and follow the settings suggestions also.

Just finished and everything seems OK now. I hurried through the first install - Big mistake. Missed a couple steps. I should know better.

Thanks again for getting me straightened out.