Sign in to follow this  
cgw44

Geforce 560 ti replacment

My card is dying and I'm wondering what is a good replacement for my GeForce 560 ti.  

Intel I7 2600k cpu 3.4 ghz

8GB ram

win 7 64k

650w power supply

I looked at the 750 ti for replacement but wanted to

see if anybody had other ideas.

The 750Ti is a good choice. You can also look into other models, such as the 770 with 4GB, or the 780, which has only 3GB but you can purchase them with default overclock speeds if you don't want to OC yourself.

Make sure your CPU can handle to card though. I'm not sure if the 2nd gen intel chips can handle the GTX 7-- series with maximum performance. Try looking into a 3rd Gen or 4th Gen CPU if you have enough after getting the video card.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

How would I be able to find out if my CPU could handle the 750 or 760 series cards.

Would this be heat related?

Actually, it's not heat related. According to various sources, it turns out that your current CPU supports PCIe 2.0. You can, by all means, plug in a 750 or 760 series card with your current CPU, but you won't be receiving the full advantages of having such a powerful video card. To get maximum benefits with a 750 or 760 you will have to look into a PCIe 3.0 supported CPU.

For PCIe 3.0 support, look into an Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU. Those cards will provide you with maximum benefits of your card.

As for heat, like I've suggested to everyone else getting new CPUs, if you are looking into a Haswell i7 CPU, I recommend liquid cooling because the newer chips are generating heat at extreme temperatues. From personal experience, switching to a liquid based cooling dramatically reduced the amount of noise from my PC.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design