Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Question on US flight plans

Hi,

as many of you know, over in Europe routes have to adhere to specific requirements in order to be accepted and released by ATC, pass the CFMU validator, etc., and the RAD document is the reference for IFR flight planning, telling us what routes and levels may be filed.

I am wondering if there is a similar process for the US. If I get a route from PFPX, or any planner, how do I know the flight plan is correct? I know FlighAware is the website most turn to for flight plans in the US, and that could be the starting point. But maybe there is a document like RADs for the US as well.

Being from Europe, I know how it works over here, what documents or websites I can refer to, but I cannot say the same for the US skyes, so I  would like some more information from you, US pilots! Thank you in advance for any information you will give me, I know this is a sim world only, but I enjoy the planning part as much as the flying part, I always found planning for a flight very fascinating,

regards,

Enrico :wink: