Sign in to follow this  
shane2801

First PMDG 737

HI guys

Today I bought my first PMDG plane. A 737-800. I think I have bitten off more than I can chew. Where does a newbie start as it all seem so overwhelming. This world is very different to FSX 737's. Are there tutorials? I have a couple of questions. How do you request take off or advise of landing? When you go to the appropriate frequencies how do you notify?

Again Im sorry but I am very new to PMDG but have been an avid FSX flyer for years.

Thanks

Hello there, 

Please be sure to sign your posts always. Welcome to the wonderful world of the PMDG 737 NGX. A lot of the questions you have can be answered simply by using the search feature in the forums. There's a lot of great information here. Also be sure to read ALL the wonderful documentation that comes with the package, it really is thorough, most of it from Boeing themselves. The aircraft comes with two tutorial flights accessible via the FMC. I also recommend you search online for "Angle of Attack" they have an amazing package you can buy with detailed tutorials covering all the aircraft systems and operations. In all, take your time, enjoy and baby steps. This really is as real as it gets for simming (and should hopefully be even better when the much awaited 737NGX SP2 comes out in the near future.)

Enjoy!

-Jaison Diaz