Sign in to follow this  
starling

Manual elevator trim control?

Ok.......I almost feel embarrassed asking this question.....but..

After much searching the only elevator trim control I could find is on the yoke.  Unfortunately no cursor is displayed when I hover over the yoke button to suggest a click spot and the buttons do not respond to my mouse left click or middle scroll wheel.  Is there another manual pitch control button or pitch wheel that I have overlooked or is there maybe a problem with my mouse control?  I use EZdok and have disabled the middle mouse wheel.

My assigned joystick buttons work fine in controlling elevator trim, but I like to work via the VC whenever I can.

All help appreciated.

Bruce

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

It is not clickable AFAIK (never tried it). You would use the trimmer on your stick if hand flying, otherwise using the autopilot, so I see no reason why you'd want to click it anyway.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi Robin,

Thanks for suggesting that the control does not function in the VC,  I was a little concerned that the unresponsive yoke buttons were due to a fault in my set-up.  This is the first time I've come across a payware sim that does not appear to include some means of manually setting the elevator trim via cursor directly in the VC.  With all of my other aircraft I am able to set elevator trim via either the mouse wheel or by left clicking on a trimmer control of some kind (typically a rocker switch or a wheel).

Why do I want to set the elevator trim in the VC? Well it's simple really -  I just like to use the VC switches whenever possible. If it turns out that there's no facility for setting trim in the VC in the Q400 then I'll just continue to use my stick to manually set pitch when not using autopilot.

Regards,

Bruce