Sign in to follow this  
falcon7xx

I hear no AI traffic interactions

I just purchased Radar contact 4.3 and I do not hear any AI traffic chatter between the controller and AI. I currently use Global AI traffic as my AI traffic. Did I miss something on the install?

Also I do hear the AI traffic interacting with the Default FSX ATC....How do I shut this off?

I would love to help but not whilst you are using that Ai package.

What is wrong with that AI package? Someone in my VA directed me towards it

What is the best AI package to get?

Edited by falcon7xx

Welcome!

In the FSX sound mixer, turn down the level control for ai. In the RC General options insure that Interact with AI is enabled. AI Chatter should be enabled. For best performance and least confusion PreRecorded Chatter (which is random by region, not AI related), should be off as well as Display Text.

Now, in general after your new installation, update fsuipc full and interim versions from here as needed:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

The full version of 4.929 should be used today.

Get the latest makerws.exe version today of 4.675 and install that in your FS folder from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Then from within RC run the scenery rebuild. If you are using RC on a WideFS client to a host FS system, see the manual for special instructions.

To test if AI is working anytime to be seen by RC, from that same page download the separate utility Traffic Look and install where you wish. You can run FS with your aircraft parked at a suitable location at a busy time. Be sure FS is set to run when it is not the app in focus (top app). Start Traffic Look and a window will display that shows ai status within the limits of FS rendering. If you have a dual monitor system you can drag that to your other monitor in the extended desktop. Otherwise you can alt-tab among running applications.

If your ai application does the ai generation set its distance to maximum so RC can see it well in advance of assigning runways especially for approach.

For future reference on your AVSIM user profile, fill in your hardware and software inventory. This can help with any crash and performance issues. By AVSIM rules, this should not be in your signature.

Edited by ronzie

That package contains materials from freeware Ai developers included without permission.

Stolen in other words.

Thanks Ronzie...Also how do you turn off ATIS in FSX...I just encountered that issues on my flight where the default FSX ATIS box comes up on the screen..Thanks for the help once again

That package contains materials from freeware Ai developers included without permission.

Stolen in other words.

oh wow I did not know that...Someone in my VA directed me towards it...What are some good AI traffic Add ons to have then?

I have FS9 but try going into Settings/General/ATC. Disable the the auto-open ATC Window and ATC Window functions. See if that helps.

Some people get crashed in turning off use pilot voice which why we recomend just turning down the ATC audio slider.