Sign in to follow this  
mikeywells

64 bit problems with sp2

hi

i have bought and downloaded the pmdg 737 ngx and it reccomends on the site to use a 64 bit operating system. I got windows 7 64 bit and have been having problems with the service pack 2 where the sim will crash before reaching the main menu coming up with a fatal error pop up and i have tryed fixes for it that havent worked. i want to ask if there is any recommened fixes for this problem?

mikey

Mikey,when you installed were you patient and let the program update microsoft visuals and directX programs? Also please sign your full name as per this forums rules. Hope this helps you get your bird flying.

There is no service pack 2 yet for the NGX. If you've just downloaded the NGX then it will be fully up to date. No need for any patch.

If you meant FSX SP2 then remember you must run FSX after first install then after applying each service pack.

If FSX crashes before the main menu appears it can't be the NGX that causes it, unless you've made it the aircraft in the default flight. Don't do that, it will cause problems. Keep the aircraft as the trike, though you can change the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

on the subject of ctd guys I have fsx and acceleration installed plus ngx and two add on airports and the dam thing freezes after two or three hours with no notification of why it crashed, but I know when it is about to do so when I start to loose wing view and ground view anyone know how to solve this annoying problem

@speedbird try adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the cfg file found in app data. Sounds like an OOM issue.