Sign in to follow this  
John Hinson

Text display issues in FS9

Good day,I've recently reinstalled FS9 (SP2) on a new PC, and during the process of adding scenery, traffic etc, I've noticed that some of the text displayed on-screen has vanished. Specifically, it is absent in four places:1. AI aircraft labels2. Pause and slew indications - the red bar is present but not the text.3. ATC window has no "X" in the top bar. (Big deal, I know!)4. The information displayed with Shift-Z like FPS and windspeed/direction.5. ATC messages were absent for a while but have made a comeback after jiggling around with screen display settings both on the PC and in FS. The funny thing is that both are back at their previous settings but the ATC message text is still present.Has anybody else experienced this? I've searched high and low on the web with no solutions so far. I have done a lot of experimentation - too much to list here - both inside and outside FS.Any suggestions appreciated.John

Thanks for the input, chaps.I did a full re-install last night and found the same results. A delightful way to waste a few hours.Have now pinned it doen to a screen driver issue (albeit a rather odd one!) and downloaded a mere 22MB driver update (they must pack it with air bubbles!). That did the trick instantly.Most reassuring for a brand new PC delivered earlier this month.Kind regards,John