Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Fwd Video Looks Slow After Win 7 install

After having the computer shop install a new 250 Gb Hd and Win 7 Home Premium  64 bit,, my FSX Deluxe edition appears to be running in slow motion out the front window view. Side views appear almost normal in speed. Running the zoom down from the default to .8 or .5 does move some of the buildings perspective around but does not do anything for the forward video. SP1 and 2 were also installed for FSX. This fixed the problem of not being able to change radio freqs and autopilot settings.  The rest of the computer is the same as before except the ram is now 4 Gb instead of 2 and the Win XP 32 bit is gone (hd too) and replaced with the 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium. The Radion 4650 drivers are now the 13.9 verses the old 13.1. Finally, it looks like Direct X 11 is installed. The old XP only went to 9c. The video card is made to run Direct X 10. Oh did I not mention some micro stutters now but a steady 30FPS. 

Does Windows 7 need some special extra tweaking/program? The cpu is still the Intel Q8400 quad core which ran FSX just fine under XP.

I hope you can give me some good ideas where to look to fix this problem.

Terry

After posting the above last night I was working with the program and found out I might not have had the zoom setting set low enough. I set it at .60 with the plus/minus keys on the keyboard and the forward video looks more normal now. 

When I check the DX-10  box in the display window though my video looks really bad as if I do not have any sort of video card at all. I guess those direct x 11 drivers do not like the direct x 10 video card/ FSX program. The image still looks very good when the above box is "Not" checked so guess I am not missing out on anything.

Terry