Sign in to follow this  
Bondi

Engine starting problems

Hi everyone!

I'm a frequent user of this bird since it's release, completed hundreds of flights from cold@dark, never had any issues so far, until a couple weeks ago I couldnt properly start the 800's engines. After finishing the normal startup procedures, the engines seem to run properly, but they are unresponsive for any throttle lever input. I don't even see the small indicator moving around the engines display when moving the levers. With autothrottle on, engaging TO/GA the throttle levers start moving, but the engines don't spool up.

I'm using CH throttles and registered FSUIPC, and after reading several topics with very similar problems, I gave it a try with and without using the axis through FSUIPC calibration. Nothing has changed in my config, I erased all failers, did the services through the FMC, nothing changed. I even erased the FSUIPC ini file's pmdg calibration section, recalibrated my joy. I tried to solve the problem by changing the basic FSX flight to the glider and default c172, same issue.

Then decided to try out the different 737 models, and the 600 and 900 start up the engines properly, only the 700 and 800 doesn't. Finally did a reinstall of the base package, which didn't solve the problem.  AT this moment I'm out of ideas. Any advices would be much appreciated.

pmdg_engstrt.jpg

Hi,

Have you checked in the FMC to see if your throttle settings are correct?

Rob