Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

Prepar3d ASN - ASN cannot control ambient weather paramenters

I have purchased ASE from HiFi that I really liked, then went to AS2012 and thought it was the bomb, then went to Next, here we start having issues especially with the cannot control ambient weather parameters.  I have also tried the P3D version and still having an issue - Will not run!  To make sure it was something that I was or was not doing I installed AS2012 and networked it.  It runs, follows my plane on the map and generates the weather.  The only thing it cannot do is the graphics portion.

Has anyone been able to crack this egg?  When I look at the ASN log the only thing that I see that in an error is the that it says dll.xml.ASbackup access has been denied.  But when I verify if I can access the file I have no problem!  Security on my system at the moment is non-existent.  If you look at the log I pasted you can see I have connection in P3D to Next, so where I am I missing the boat?

I hope that I can figure this out or I am going elsewhere, NEXT should not be this hard to setup!

10:55:53 AM:0760-Verifying Active Sky Next for Prepar3D License
10:55:53 AM:0780-AppPath = S:\ASNext_P3D
10:55:53 AM:0782-AppDataPath = C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASNP3D\
10:55:53 AM:0793-P3DPath = \\Dragon-pc\p3d2.1
10:55:53 AM:0798-P3DAppDataPath = \\DRAGON-PC\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
10:55:53 AM:0808-ASConnect module installation/modification has failed: Access to the path '\\DRAGON-PC\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\dll.xml.ASbackup' is denied.
10:56:02 AM:0861-VOR station list initialized!
10:56:02 AM:0891-NDB station list initialized!
10:56:02 AM:0983-Map image provider initialized!
10:56:02 AM:0992-Airport station list initialized!
10:56:03 AM:0039-Wx Station Database loaded: 9960 station(s)
10:56:03 AM:0110-Current Version = 1.0.5193.9718 / Latest Official Version = 1.0.5193.9718
10:56:03 AM:0127-Weather station list initialized!
10:56:03 AM:0136-Loading previously loaded weather...
10:56:04 AM:0178-Prepar 3D SimConnect found and initialized
10:56:04 AM:0203-Local client IP address: 192.168.1.4 - Port: 19284
10:56:04 AM:0212-LockHeed Martin Prepar3D SimConnect instantiated!
10:56:04 AM:0219-Weather read complete
10:56:04 AM:0800-Prepar3D connection established!
10:56:06 AM:0202-World Magnetic Model has been loaded...
10:56:10 AM:0193-Building the theme...
10:56:11 AM:0971-Copying theme file and loading to the sim...
10:56:13 AM:0492-Set Mode to weather theme
10:56:13 AM:0495-Aircraft location on theme load: lat = N31° 03' 17.98" lon = W97° 49' 22.77" alt = 1026 feet
10:56:13 AM:0497-Ground elevation at aircraft location on theme load: 1017
10:56:13 AM:0500-Set dynamic rate: 0
11:02:08 AM:0479-Prepar3D connection not established!
11:02:08 AM:0495-ASMapImage file in use while copying blank image on exit

Any constructive help would be appreciated,

Ken

Was it Prepar3D v2 you tried it with? In that case, ASN is not P3Dv2 ready just yet :)

Was it Prepar3D v2 you tried it with? In that case, ASN is not P3Dv2 ready just yet :)

There is an ASN beta available for P3DV2.1. Been using it and it works fine. The OP may need to make sure he has the latest version. Check HiFI website.

Yes, I have the latest version and it is for P3D. Like I said AS2012 Runs just fine, so I know it is not my setup for a network RWFeldman are you running it solo or do you have it networked?

Hi,

This is a known issue and has been (partially) resolved for some users. Please follow this thread on our forums: http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?2823-ASN-P3Dv2-1-Simconnect-doesn-t for more information

Thanks,

EDIT: Correction. The issue reported here doesn't seem to be related to SimConnect. It seems like a file access issue. How have you verified that access is granted to:

'\\DRAGON-PC\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\dll.xml.ASbackup'

from your client PC. Have you actually tried to access the folder through explorer (on the client machine) and you have tried to delete/rename/edit any file there?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

make sure wind smoothing is not checked in FSUIPC. Also, weather tab in P3D should have active sky weather theme checked.  I have it networked and works fine.  

Kterz, I have as matter of trouble shooting, if you note at the very first it states that ASbackup failed but then later on you see that it has logged in and is connected.  I have checked both side of this file client and server and can access files, make a folder and delete a folder in that area. So, I am not sure were to go at the present with this, I have spent almost 2 days now trying to troubleshoot this.

Kdingle1 - Thanks and yes I did make sure that is unchecked.

What has me a little miffed is why does not more software guys take advantage of WideFS that most of us have paid for?  That or why cant they make an interactive setup that is somewhat bullet proof, where you load, it ask, you comply, it does what it needs to do and then to boot verifies the connection? 

Hi,

where is your dll.xml file located? It should be placed in: \\DRAGON-PC\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

If it's there, can you upload it (or open it with Notepad and copy paste its contents)?

Of course, I'd prefer all this to be made through our support system (please open up a support ticket on http://support.hifitechinc.com/)

Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

kterz, Hi I have submitted a ticket on this issue and uploaded the files. I am at work but will upload to you my dll.xml file when I get home. I know this is probably something simple but when you are a recreational layman trying to wade through this can be frustrating at times.

kterz, Hi I have submitted a ticket on this issue and uploaded the files. I am at work but will upload to you my dll.xml file when I get home. I know this is probably something simple but when you are a recreational layman trying to wade through this can be frustrating at times.

Problem Solved!  - It was the DLL.XML file on the server that was causing me the issue.  Somewhere along the lines either I did not read it or see, but you have to ensure that if you are going to network Next, you need to make sure that a DLL file is addressed in your XML file.  Once I did this, it works like a champ!