Sign in to follow this  
mole_man

my own default flight not saving

HiAll of a sudden, the original default Cessna flight with engines running has reappeared on my startup screen. I've tried saving all sorts of different flights in all sorts of ways as the new default flight, but everytime I start MSFS the original one is there, which gives me 5 minutes resetting all my options, shutting down and restarting as c&d flight.Any ideas?RegardsGraeme

I think it came with fs 9.1 upgrade :(One way around is to load a saved flight when you start the sim. Save a flight and name it i.e. Default. Make a shortcut on your desktop to it:C:Documents and SettingsYourUserNameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesDefault.FLTbrEagle

thanks for the workaround, but I have has the patch for 2 months now and this problem has only occured since yesterday.Is there a setting in the config file that controls the default flight?Graeme

Guest flight

Yes there is. Go to the USER INTERFACE section and change the SITUATION LINE. See below."USERINTERFACE"MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=4PageID=8OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsYour NameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesStart<--- Name of flight you want as the default flightAfter that when you save your flights, and check the "save as default flight" box, everything should be ok.Brackets are in place of the ditto marks, but when I used brackets the forum took that part away from my message.